• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, so after watching Jeremy Crawford explain some of the options from the newest Unearthed Arcana, I've decided that I'd like to try 'em out. Feel free to take any of the options from here if you find anything you like for your character.

tglassy

Adventurer
So, Titus can switch out a spell on a long rest? That is going to be ama-za-zing. Mostly during downtime and between battles, as his combat spells are already pretty good. I wish they’d have allowed more flexibility with Invocations rather than spells, but I’ll take it. And Animate Dead is now a Warlock Spell! Not until 3rd lvl, which i won’t get for another three years at this rate, but still.

If I were to lvl up as a Battle Master, then I could also switch those out on a long rest, too. I’m still on the fence between Eldritch Knight and Battlemaster. Eldritch Knight would give more spell slots and spells, but I can’t change those on a long rest. Battlemaster just has so much utility and use, and especially now that some of the new maneuvers have social Implications.

I want Titus to become the Noble Leader that he should have been to begin with, even with his new...oddities. Battlemaster fits him.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've changed my mind on doing another round of story-beats. I'll finish up with Titus and get everyone back to Daggerford and get moving. I've waffled so many times on what hook I want to run next, that I think I'll let you decide (I did, after all, once promise that this game would be a bit sandboxy.) Sandboxes are hard to do PBP because it takes so long to discuss anything - it becomes generally best to just have the DM pick what's going to happen next. But I need some help here. I just gave Enseth (can I still call him Enseth?) a bunch of hooks. I might do another post for Tommi and give him a few too (there's a few more places you could go).

For your Consideration feel free to pick. When I start, I'll write a good reason for you all to want to go:

Threat (Location)
Orcs to the North (Floshin Estate and/or Harpshield Castle)
Gnolls further North (Ardeep Forest)
Lizardfolk to the West (Rock Island)

I haven't done the post yet, but I'll add for your consideration (I'll do the post soonish)

Missing Dwarf (Illefarn or Firehammer Hold)

Feel free to ask any questions.

tglassy

Adventurer
Sounds good to me.

A couple things. First, I just realized I'm still sporting my Chain Mail, but I also realized to get Splint, I'd need 200 gp and I only have 100. Not much we can do about that, unless we figure out a way for him to get it for only 100. But I don't expect that, so I may just have to wait.

Second, barring the first, I asked this earlier but I don't think you saw (or hadn't decided), but if I can switch a spell every long rest, and I can record Wizard Ritual Spells in my spell book for 50 gp per spell level, then can I record a ritual spell I know into my ritual book? The three 1st lvl spells that Warlocks get that are rituals are Comprehend Languages, Unseen Servant and Illusory Script, all of which are Wizard Rituals. If you'd let me spend a night to switch out Hellish Rebuke for Unseen Servant and copy it into my Ritual Book, and then another night to switch to Illusory Script to copy that into my ritual book, and then switch it back to another spell for normal use, then I'd have two more rituals to play with, and maybe would get some use out of them. I just want to start increasing my Ritual Spell List, and I don't mind spending all my money to do it.

If not, then I will save my money and simply have Unseen Servant available during downtime instead of Hellish Rebuke, and use it most of the time during the day to act as my butler. I can cast it twice, now, and then rest an hour and cast it twice more, so assuming during a normal day I get two hour long breaks, I can have it up six hours of the day.

If I can have it in my Ritual Book, then I'll have it up all day every day during downtime and I'll keep Expedious Retreat. I think that would have been a good one to have this last adventure. Being able to use the Dash Action as a bonus action would have been nice when traveling around the large battlefield.

tglassy

Adventurer
Oh, and I'll switch my Eldritch Blast cantrip for Minor Illusion. I'm never going to take EB Invocations, so there's really no point in having it. And Minor Illusion is one of my favorite cantrips of all time.

Remove ads