log in or register to remove this ad

 

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)


log in or register to remove this ad


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2020. The year that keeps on giving. My aunt died on Sunday, so I'll be flying home this afternoon. I'll be back on July 5 to start catching up on everything. I will be available on Discord, etc, but won't be writing.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2020. The year that keeps on giving. My aunt died on Sunday, so I'll be flying home this afternoon. I'll be back on July 5 to start catching up on everything. I will be available on Discord, etc, but won't be writing.
 



I'm going to try to get things moving again. Sorry I've been slow lately. Busy times, and not in a good way. I definitely don't want to quit though, so I hope you all stick with me!
 

I started writing an intro to the next bit, but it occurs to me that you might want to travel differently than I expect. @Kobold Stew mentioned something about surprise? Let's do a quick discussion here so I can plan how to stage the next encounter.

You are heading for the south-eastern group that is camped on the road to Newfield (you avoided them on the way up by leaving the road and going around the forest on the western side, while the road goes around it to the east.)

It's a journey from the estate of just under a mile. The road runs along a ridge, with the land sloping steeply upward to the east, and steeply downward to the west, overlooking the estate gardens. There's plenty of cover, but you can observe the gardens to a certain extent, and you can see the Swan's Nest (not well, but you can see where it is) for a little while from a certain spot along the road.

The encampment is supposedly just north of a creek that runs down to the Swan's Nest. There are orcish runners that will occasionally move between camps, so there's a chance you will run into one of them if you go right down the road.

A few ideas off the top of my head: (I like skill checks, so I will probably ask for some no matter what).

1) Go for speed. March right down the road and engage them. Athletics or Con Checks.
2) Go for stealth. Get off the road and take side-trails moving with caution. Stealth or Survival Checks.
3) Something you come up with that I haven't thought of.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tommi has the boon of the elk still, which means we can all Pass Without Trace. He can't cast it every time (technically 3 times, but I want it only to be 2 max), but +10 on stealth checks might be worthwhile. Depending on how Tommi avoids being hit, that can last an hour (15 mins in, 45 mins away?).

Tommi is also fine with speed, esp if we were to hit the base we feel is at least partially depleted.
 


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin would also opt for stealth and assuming the elves are all stealthy in addition to being warriors, we could do a lot of good sneaking up this way. And with the Message spell, Dandin should be able to give a help action to at least one other character to even oit any penalties they might be suffering.
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
I'm fine with stealth - as long as I can be far away from the action (stealth +0) :)

The lord has misty step and teleport - we could literally pop in the middle of the camp :)
 

I'm fine with stealth - as long as I can be far away from the action (stealth +0) :)

The lord has misty step and teleport - we could literally pop in the middle of the camp :)
Well, his Dex is +3, so his Stealth is +3 - not +0. He's always been a pretty straightforward guy, but he's also known this road for over 500 years. (He may not look it, but he's a pretty old elf). He's not familiar with all the recent animal trials (it's probably been a hundred years or more since he had any reason to leave the road) but it would be impossible for him to get lost on one, and he'll know instinctively where the road is relative to where the party is, even if they leave it far behind.

Okay, Pass Without Trace it is. There's almost no point, but feel free to give me Stealth checks at +10.

Here's the sun-elf guards:
Stealth Checks (with PWOT)
SEG1: 1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26
SEG2: 1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26
SEG3: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
 




gargoyleking

Adventurer
Apparently, With Pass, Dandin becomes the shadow. Either that, or he's just a try hard with the Elf Lord nearby.



Stealth+PWT: 1d20+14 34

That said, if nothing else add a d6 to Meta's roll for Bardic Inspiration.

BI: 1d6 1

Er, Every little bit, right? Can we use Dandin acting as a stealth coach through Message to add a help action though?
 



I meant my stealth is +0 :) - "as long as I can be far away"
Oh right, I meant Darfin's is +3. Vairar is +0? Pretty bad for an elf.

So we have 13, 14, 24, 26, 26, 26, 34. Missing Angis, Darfin, and ORB5. Just to get things moving, I'll roll.... (Turns out they all have +3...)


Stealth Checks:
Angis: 1D20+13 = [7]+13 = 20
Darfin: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25
ORB5: 1D20+13 = [13]+13 = 26


So that's 13, 14, 20, 24, 25, 26, 26, 26, 26, 34 for 5 PCs and 5 NPCs. Looks pretty good overall.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top