(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I just realized that if Enseth takes 42 damage, he dies. (20-42= -22)

edit: It's ok, it must be in one shot. ;)

It was so much damage that I'd nearly written a post where Enseth's head was severed from his body (I figured he could survive without it and get it put back on later, if he lived) until I realised that I needed to roll disadvantage!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You know, I don't like it when DMs act like their monsters have a hive-mind (you know, unless they're using monsters that have a hive-mind). So I'm working out in my head what each of the monsters that are not in the fight would do. I think I'll share it with you in a post, as part of the story, even though no PC would be aware of it. They can put it together after the fact.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I knew this would be a tough fight. They just have a LOT more HP in total than the party does. It's a good thing Enseth is near impossible to hit. I think you guys can do it, but I expect it will be a close thing.

BTW, just Titus to go for the round, @tglassy. (Well, and the elves. I think they can safely leave one of them to watch the hall while the others come up the stairs.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
We did buy a bunch of healing potions. People need to start using them.

Yeah, but takes an action LOL Angis was almost going to cast Cure Wounds on himself last turn, but I wasn't sure Enseth would last, so I sent him to help out there. He does have three healing potions on him, though, if needed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Feedback

Overall, my games have had a pretty good track record when it comes to player retention and posting frequency. They've slowed down lately, which is just as much on me as anyone else, if not more so. Anyway, I've decided to take a little poll of my players to see what you think:

Please let me know which of these fits your opinion best (feel free to expand on it or make up another):

1) The rate the games are moving at are fine (or at least good enough) and we should continue on as is, keeping up as best as we are able.
2) The games are slow, and we should try to do better, but it's no biggie.
3) The games are too slow, and we should crack the whip.

If you pick 3, then pick one or more of these:
a) Slow posting players should pick up the pace or drop out and/or be replaced.
b) Fitz should pick up the pace or drop running Rise of the Dracolich.
c) Fitz should pick up the pace or drop running Fitz' Folly.
d) Fitz should pick up the pace or drop running Scourge of Daggerford.

If you want your opinion to be private, feel free to PM me.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed in myself for slowing down, but I'm not sure it's a problem. If everyone (or almost everyone) is happy with how things are going, then so am I. I hold myself to a high standard, but I'm easy-going and not judgemental of others, so if things are fine, I'll stop worrying about it.

Remove ads