(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2020. The year that keeps on giving. My aunt died on Sunday, so I'll be flying home this afternoon. I'll be back on July 5 to start catching up on everything. I will be available on Discord, etc, but won't be writing.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2020. The year that keeps on giving. My aunt died on Sunday, so I'll be flying home this afternoon. I'll be back on July 5 to start catching up on everything. I will be available on Discord, etc, but won't be writing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm going to try to get things moving again. Sorry I've been slow lately. Busy times, and not in a good way. I definitely don't want to quit though, so I hope you all stick with me!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I started writing an intro to the next bit, but it occurs to me that you might want to travel differently than I expect. @Kobold Stew mentioned something about surprise? Let's do a quick discussion here so I can plan how to stage the next encounter.

You are heading for the south-eastern group that is camped on the road to Newfield (you avoided them on the way up by leaving the road and going around the forest on the western side, while the road goes around it to the east.)

It's a journey from the estate of just under a mile. The road runs along a ridge, with the land sloping steeply upward to the east, and steeply downward to the west, overlooking the estate gardens. There's plenty of cover, but you can observe the gardens to a certain extent, and you can see the Swan's Nest (not well, but you can see where it is) for a little while from a certain spot along the road.

The encampment is supposedly just north of a creek that runs down to the Swan's Nest. There are orcish runners that will occasionally move between camps, so there's a chance you will run into one of them if you go right down the road.

A few ideas off the top of my head: (I like skill checks, so I will probably ask for some no matter what).

1) Go for speed. March right down the road and engage them. Athletics or Con Checks.
2) Go for stealth. Get off the road and take side-trails moving with caution. Stealth or Survival Checks.
3) Something you come up with that I haven't thought of.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi has the boon of the elk still, which means we can all Pass Without Trace. He can't cast it every time (technically 3 times, but I want it only to be 2 max), but +10 on stealth checks might be worthwhile. Depending on how Tommi avoids being hit, that can last an hour (15 mins in, 45 mins away?).

Tommi is also fine with speed, esp if we were to hit the base we feel is at least partially depleted.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases