(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thanks, Fitz. I'm pretty fond of Tommi too. And I'm somewhat surprised at the choice of Stealth and Athletics -- if asked at any time in the past several months, I would have assumed that it would be Acrobatics and Thieves tools I'd choose -- the latter because it's a proprietary ability for Rogues. But he hasn't picked a single lock since level 1, and he has been climbing cliffsides. So a decision is made.

He was designed because I wanted to play a Wisdom Rogue, and so I determined his Dex was not going to go above 14 no matter what. I'm enjoying the choice to use Gutter every time as a result.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thanks, Fitz. I'm pretty fond of Tommi too. And I'm somewhat surprised at the choice of Stealth and Athletics -- if asked at any time in the past several months, I would have assumed that it would be Acrobatics and Thieves tools I'd choose -- the latter because it's a proprietary ability for Rogues. But he hasn't picked a single lock since level 1, and he has been climbing cliffsides. So a decision is made.

He was designed because I wanted to play a Wisdom Rogue, and so I determined his Dex was not going to go above 14 no matter what. I'm enjoying the choice to use Gutter every time as a result.

I find it interesting to see how a character can change over the course of the adventure. It's why I like to allow a lot of rebuilding - there are a lot of ways to mechanically represent a person - the more person-like your character is, the more ways you can interpret that with the D&D chassis.

It's like Dandin using his bard-like abilities (I mean, really, he's a smooth-talking merchant - bard is just one way of doing that) to train a bear and !bam! He's a ranger.

As long as they still feel like themselves, I'm in.

... Tommi was just a kid with a sling before he found Gutter, for good or ill.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Yes, and so is Tommi. My point was that (w/ the PHB at least, when expertise was limited to bards and rogues) only rouges could apply expertise to thieves' tools.

Shatterpike: Weapon (pike), rare (requires attunement): You have a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls you make with this magic weapon. If it hits an object, the hit is automatically a critical hit, and it can deal bludgeoning or piercing damage to the object (your choice). Further, damage from nonmagical sources can’t harm this weapon.
Can I shatter shields? weapons? wizard staves? Or wizards hat? Everyone knows that wizard cannot cast without a hat because he is not real wizard after that :p

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Can I shatter shields? weapons? wizard staves? Or wizards hat? Everyone knows that wizard cannot cast without a hat because he is not real wizard after that :p
I imagine the destructive magic pulses out from the spear-point. Weapons don't tend to get punctured, even when they clash with your pike, so I'll rule that out. A case could be made for shields (and hats!) though. I'll think about how I'd want it to work mechanically. (5e doesn't have a Sunder attack built-in.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis spent 4 HD to get to full HP.

I think the only Ranger feature I will swap out is I will replace Primeval Awareness with Primal Awareness for the extra spells.

Otherwise he just gained a new Favored Enemy (Undead) and Favored Terrain (Plains), and extra HP and HD.

Vairar is updated. I rolled for max HP before realizing we're using averages :(

Added Silence as spell prepared. I got one more spell slot of 3rd level and I can push creatures hit by lightning damage.

Makes me consider the combination of firewall, hungry darkness and similar spells with lightning lure. Pull -- Fire damage -- Lightning damage -- push -- fire damage :D

Remove ads