• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Heads up, everyone: I am off on a family trip Friday (returning Jun 18th). For all I know, I will have free time and excellent WiFi and none of you will notice me missing, but also - I might just disappear for awhile. Who knows? But now you know why, if I happen to fall silent. Unless I get eaten by wildlife, I'll be back.
Are you going to post before you head out?

Have fun!!

tglassy

Adventurer
I will attempt to make a post for Titus tonight. I know it’s only been a week in game but it’s been 3 years in real life and about a hundred pages of posts, lol, so imma say Titus’ memory has been Swiss cheesed by having Sing Ax’ influence taken away. He doesn’t remember much from when he multiclassed into warlock. That’s gone, now, and he’s just a Fighter, but I will be using the playtest fighter to see how it goes.

Can’t wait!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Morgan and Titus probably know each other. They're around the same age, and grew up somewhat opposites - Titus was born to a noble family in Waterdeep and is cousin (they call him Nephew) to the Duke of Daggerford & his sister, and was shipped off to live there at a young age. He spent his youth sneaking out of the palace to get into trouble (as he aged, he got into underground boxing matches).

Morgan, on the other hand, grew up not even quite within the walls of Daggerford. His parents are, if I remember right, herbalists who live outside daggerford, but trade their wares in the Daggerford market (and with the church of Chauntea). Morgan was lucky enough to be picked as an apprentice to Delfin, the town mage, who has a tower not too far from Lionel's parents' restaurant/money lenders. After his apprenticeship, Morgan moved to Waterdeep to work for the Blackstaff, where he would have worked under Titus' actual Uncle - the Wizard Ashfell.

It's up to @tglassy & @TaranTheWanderer how well they ever hit it off, but they are likely to have met before.

EDIT: In case anyone wants to read some relevant parts of the adventure without searching, Ashfell first appears in post IC#1512, when Titus goes "home to Waterdeep". Titus' "possession" by Sing-Axe occurs in post#2235, Escella also resisted Sing-Axe's influence in IC#2143. Both of them have some back-story that involves Sing-Axe, who is still something of a mystery (after 4 years!)

Last edited:

Morgan and Titus probably know each other. They're around the same age, and grew up somewhat opposites - Titus was born to a noble family in Waterdeep and is cousin (they call him Nephew) to the Duke of Daggerford & his sister, and was shipped off to live there at a young age. He spent his youth sneaking out of the palace to get into trouble (as he aged, he got into underground boxing matches).

Morgan, on the other hand, grew up not even quite within the walls of Daggerford. His parents are, if I remember right, herbalists who live outside daggerford, but trade their wares in the Daggerford market (and with the church of Chauntea). Morgan was lucky enough to be picked as an apprentice to Delfin, the town mage, who has a tower not too far from Lionel's parents' restaurant/money lenders. After his apprenticeship, Morgan moved to Waterdeep to work for the Blackstaff, where he would have worked under Titus' actual Uncle - the Wizard Ashfell.

It's up to @tglassy & @TaranTheWanderer how well they ever hit it off, but they are likely to have met before.
Underground fighting, eh?

If Titus was doing it illegally, Maybe Morgan patched Titas up once or twice discreetly. I mean, it wouldn’t be magical healing but still.

The counterspell was a reaction so others can still act if they haven't this round against the Thayan and he isn't invisible (assuming the counterspell worked.)

@Prickly Pear
This is a tricky one. The trigger is "Ready to shoot if wizard attacks" and I think that Lionel would assume that the wizard would attack when he start waving his hands around and muttering something incomprehensible to cast the spell. So, yes, Lionel will attack. With disadvantage? There is nothing in the rules about that unless you deem that the wizard is already invisible. I would go with, no, he is not invisible yet. And if Escella counter-spelled him, he should still be visible.

Readied actions take place after the trigger event. So, If you say, "I ready to shoot if the wizard attacks" (and if @FitzTheRuke allows your trigger to go off even though wizard didn't technically attack - although, you could have just as easily designated 'if the wizard casts a spell' so it feels like semantics to me), you have to attack after the spell is cast - so he'd be invisible when the attack happens.

Edit: But since Escella counterspelled the spell, he never actually went invisible, so your attack goes off without a hitch.

Remove ads