D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
Just a little side note, in Drow, surface elves are referred to as darthir (sp? pronounced DARTH-eer) and surface dwellers referred to as iblith which roughly translates to rubbish, trash, or garbage... (This is from the latest Drizz't books.) :)

Zansy

Explorer
Cool names, yet derogatory, very interesting. I could live with that. :p
(I tried reading maybe 1 Legend of Drizz't so far in my life. I couldn't get myself past the first couple of chapters :blush:)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
[MENTION=6788194]Zansy[/MENTION] The only ones you need to read are the Icewind Dale trilogy and the Dark Elf Trilogy (basically the first 6; the Dark Elf Trilogy happens before the CS trilogy). Everything else is... uh... superfluous. ;)

But f'reals, read the Dark Elf Trilogy (Homeland, Exile, Sojourn) - it's a great resource for Drow culture.

Zansy

Explorer
That's the book! - I bought Exile but couldn't get to chapter 3.
I guess as much as I love fantasy and D&D the fiction book did not appeal to me as as much

DMAesh

Explorer
I remember that Exile was the hardest for me to get through too. I loved Homeland, and the Icewind Dale trilogy. I only vaguely followed the later books until the Companions book with the Sundering and introduction of 5e. I got into Audible and started listening to the new books. The Companions was great and each successive one was fun to follow along! It explains why Bruenor and the other companions of the Hall are able to rejoin Drizz't after 100 years of time that has passed.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Seriously, my first roll in this game... and it's a natural 1. :(

I enjoyed most of the Drizzt books, some more so than others. I'm reading the most recent one now and have read all of them.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Sorry I haven't got my character action up yet. Hoping to do so tonight.

Also, as a side note, I'm not normally as... erm, gifted... with the... not-talking parts of writing, and you guys write a LOT. Hoo. Tough shoes.

Uller

Adventurer
Sorry I haven't got my character action up yet. Hoping to do so tonight.

Also, as a side note, I'm not normally as... erm, gifted... with the... not-talking parts of writing, and you guys write a LOT. Hoo. Tough shoes.

No problem. Don't feel pressured to fill your posts with lots of prose.

Sorry I've been a bit out of pocket. Been out of town. I should be able to post regularly again...What do I have outstanding? I know I have a couple questions and skill checks to respond to from the Paladins and the Rogue with Sarith. I think I owe Surana a response to her 20 recall lore roll for deep gnomes...Anything else?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases