Oops!We're in the Elemental Chaos!(Up next:Everyone)

Victim

First Post
Senara retreats from the fiery monsters. -Then, another human woman arrives through the portal, firing arrows into the huge demon as she emerges...

Or so it seems to the Goristro, as its perceptions are manipulated by the witch.

[sblock=Action]Move: Move back to k15.

Standard: Illusionary Ambush on Goristro: Roll Lookup

1d20+22; 1d20+22; 1d6+12 → [12,22] = (34)
1d20+22; 1d20+22; 1d6+12 → [16,22] = (38)
1d20+22; 1d20+22; 1d6+12 → [5,12] = (17)

17 psychic damage, a -2 penalty to attacks UENT, and a -2 penalty his next attack from Psychic Lock.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

HP 79/108. 9/9. AP 1.

[sblock=Powers used]

Prophecy of Doom, E
Prismatic Burst, E
Mesmeric Hold, E
Winter's Wrath, E

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
With a moment's focus, Devastation taps into the enchantment sewn into his boots, which let him deftly step behind the archon. With his enemy distracted, the tiefling once again lashes out with his dagger.

[sblock=ooc] Minor Action: Activate Boots of the Fencing Master, shift 2 squares to L4. Gain the boots +1 bonus to AC and Ref.
Standard Action: Sly Flourish vs. archon, hits AC 31 for 22 damage.
Move Action: If the archon drops, shift to K4, otherwise, stay put.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Devastation's dagger misses the Fire Archon, while Senara's spell fools the Goristro's mind.
But the demon seems to have put its attention on the female spellcaster. It sidesteps right inot the flames to get away from Brudd and Sharm, but the latter nails it with his maul; the Goristro tries to retaliate, but misses the minotaur.
The demon has Senara within reach of its long arms, and hits her with a powerful blow.Not content with that, the enormous beast attacks twice more, and twice more its blows reach the woman... that nonetheless stands relatively unscathed, her body protected by a translucent shield of force.

View attachment 37937

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 5]
Devastation takes 41 dmg(!) rom the fire Archon's attack

Kozaar takes 3 dmg from the Hell hound aura, and regains 5 Thp.
The Hell hound 1 recharges its power and deals 12 fire dmg on Feather.
Hell hound 2 burns Brudd and Kozaar for 25 dmg.
Only the first hound makes its save.

Devastation misses.
The Goristro shifts and is hit by Sharm's immediate reaction attack from his combat challenge. The Goristro retaliates with its own immediate but misses. It then attacks Senara twice and hits once (a crit) for 24 dmg.Then it spends an action point (I knew I'd have a use for it sooner or later) to attack twice more and deals 19 and 18 dmg. CORRECTION: Shield prevents that.

NOTE:THE BLUE SQUARE MARKS THE AREA MADE INTO DIFFICULT TERRAIN BY THE ICE STORM
THE DEEP BLUE ONE MARKS THE STORM CAGE
THE RUBBLE IN SQUARES F7-F8-G7-G8 MARK DIFFICULT TERRAIN

-Fire Archon 1
-Devastation HP:69/131, HP:7/8, AP:1 SW:1 +7, Marked by Fire Archon 2 [sblock=expended]Hounding Strike, Dimming Blow, Fool's opportunity, From the Shadows, Infernal wrath[/sblock]
-Senara HP:55/108, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 +4 AC,Ref TENT[sblock=expended]Prismatic Burst,Winter's Wrath, Mesmeric Hold, Shield[/sblock]
-Goristro -339 hp, Marked by Sharm
-Sharm HP:114/145+5t, HS:13/14, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Relentless Assailant, Crushing Blow, Anvil of Doom, Boggling smash[/sblock]
-Eiran HP:78/109, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Shield, Prismatic Burst, Crushing Titan's Fist, Storm Cage, Ice Storm[/sblock]
-Brudd HP:79/131 HS:10/11, AP:0 SW:1, +1 AC and Ref TSNT [sblock=expended]Mantle of Glory, Boots of the fencing Master, Sentinel Strike, Strenghten the Faithful, Divine Fortune, Healing word, Battle CryBattle Pyres[/sblock]
-Fire Archon 2 -145 hp
-Rockfire Dreadnought
-Azer 1
-Azer 2
-Fire Giant -142 hp, ongoing radiant 5(save)
-Kozaar HP:45/159, HS:13/15, AP:1 SW:1, [sblock=Expended]Dragon Breath, Come and Get it, Unbreakable, Crumpling slam[/sblock]
-Feather HP:32/98, ongoing 10 fire dmg(save), Prone
-Hell Hound 1 -102 hp
-Hell Hound 2 -137 hp, BLIND (save), Cold vulnerability 5 (Kozaar's turn), Marked by Kozaar
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Senara raises her defensive confidently as the Goristro advances, channeling some of her power to augment its defensive properties.

[sblock]II: Shield. +4 AC and Ref UENT, so both are 40.

The natural 20 should still hit at least, but not crit.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Sharm, Minotaur Battlerager Fighter L20 - Dreadnought Paragon Path

Sharm moves to J13, to get between the Goristro and Senara, and re-focus the Goristro on himself. His maul makes a ringing 'clang' as Sharm drives it into the Goristro's skull.

Attack: Crushing Surge (at will) Rolls: Crushing surge at the Goristro (1d20+21=38, 2d8+9=22)

CRUSHING SURGE ALSO GIVES SHARM +5 TEMP HP

Sharm says, "Stop picking on my women! Grrrrr!!"
OOC: hehe, don't kill me, please, Victim?

[sblock=note to self]don't forget Brudd's gift power that gives Sharm an extra +4 to his attack made right after this one.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Annalist

First Post
F*ck! Eiran watched in horror as the massive Goristro pummeled Senara with several hammering blows. Only her timely use of a shield spell saved her from most of the damage that could of been done. Still, it was a frighteningly close call and the creature had such a deceptively long reach.

"Get away from her!" Eiran thundered. Summoning all of the power that he could muster, the growling Elementalist slammed his glowing palms together, intertwining his fingers into one large fist, and unleashed a torrent of blazing energy at the Abyssal. The tremendous impact from his spectral ram tumbled the hulking demon back, giving Senara some breathing room to recover.

"Hey Sen, you okay?" he asked, a hint of worry tinting his voice.

[sblock=Round 6 Actions]Minor: None
Move: None
Standard: Cast spectral ram at Goristro. (Would like to push it to H8 as its center square.)

Spectral Ram
Encounter * Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action / Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligence vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Intelligence modifer force damage, and you push the target 3 squares and it is knocked prone.

Attack Roll (lookup):
1d20+22 = 39 vs. Goristro

Damage Roll (lookup):
2d10+12 = 22[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Brudd HP 79/131, AC 41 Fort 32 Reflex 31 Will 32

Brudd shifts (to I9) and with an inarticulate howl of rage, as good a prayer to Kord as any, slams the radiance of his bastard sword home into the vile creatures flesh. At the same time Sharm feels himself buoyed and knows that the strength of Kord will aide him against the Goristo.

Blinking back his rage enough to see Senara's difficulty the Minotaur points his blade at her and Kord's holy light envelops and tends to the worst of her wounds.

OOC: Sharm gets +4 to hit the Goristo until Brudd's next turn ends.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move = Shift to I9.
Standard = Hit with Righteous Brand 19 radiant damage. Grants Sharm +4 to hit the Goristo until the end of Brudd's next turn.
Free = Activate Ruby Scabbard for +1 to hit.
Minor = Healing Word on Senara for 26 + surge value.

Righteous Brand (1d20+24=38, 1d12+16=19) Healing Word on Senara (5d6+5=26) [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC for Atanatotatos]I edited Sharm's post to add a note about the +5 temp hp that Crushing Surge grants to him. Just didn't want you to miss it. (Like I did when I made the post last night!)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC for Halford]Thanks, cuz!! I appreciate the +4 very, very, very much! Especially now that I'm trying to rely on my "At-Will" powers for the rest of the fight that have low bonuses. And, hey, I think we've just learned something very important about 4e tactics - save those buffs for later rounds of the combat![/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Leif smashes the Goristro's head, while Eiran's spell impacts it and pushes it farther. Brudd hits the prone Demon as well, but, from the ground, it reacts with a sweeping slam but misses the minotaur.
The Fire Archon swings a scimitar at Kozaar, but misses.

View attachment 37943

[sblock=initiative and status, Round 5]
Devastation takes 41 dmg(!) rom the fire Archon's attack

Kozaar takes 3 dmg from the Hell hound aura, and regains 5 Thp.
The Hell hound 1 recharges its power and deals 12 fire dmg on Feather.
Hell hound 2 burns Brudd and Kozaar for 25 dmg.
Only the first hound makes its save.

Devastation misses.
The Goristro shifts and is hit by Sharm's immediate reaction attack from his combat challenge. The Goristro retaliates with its own immediate but misses. It then attacks Senara twice and hits once (a crit) for 24 dmg.Then it spends an action point (I knew I'd have a use for it sooner or later) to attack twice more and deals 19 and 18 dmg. CORRECTION: Shield prevents that.

NOTE:THE BLUE SQUARE MARKS THE AREA MADE INTO DIFFICULT TERRAIN BY THE ICE STORM
THE DEEP BLUE ONE MARKS THE STORM CAGE
THE RUBBLE IN SQUARES F7-F8-G7-G8 MARK DIFFICULT TERRAIN

-Fire Archon 1
-Devastation HP:69/131, HP:7/8, AP:1 SW:1 +7, Marked by Fire Archon 2 [sblock=expended]Hounding Strike, Dimming Blow, Fool's opportunity, From the Shadows, Infernal wrath[/sblock]
-Senara HP:108/108, HS:8/9, AP:1 SW:1 +4 AC,Ref TENT[sblock=expended]Prismatic Burst,Winter's Wrath, Mesmeric Hold, Shield[/sblock]
-Goristro -402 hp, Marked by Sharm
-Sharm HP:98/145+5, HS:13/14, AP:1 SW:1 Prone[sblock=expended]Relentless Assailant, Crushing Blow, Anvil of Doom, Boggling smash[/sblock]
-Eiran HP:78/109, HS:9/9, AP:1 SW:1 [sblock=expended]Shield, Prismatic Burst, Crushing Titan's Fist, Storm Cage, Ice Storm[/sblock]
-Brudd HP:79/131 HS:10/11, AP:0 SW:1, +1 AC and Ref TSNT [sblock=expended]Mantle of Glory, Boots of the fencing Master, Sentinel Strike, Strenghten the Faithful, Divine Fortune, Healing word, Battle CryBattle Pyres[/sblock]
-Fire Archon 2 -145 hp
-Rockfire Dreadnought
-Azer 1
-Azer 2
-Fire Giant -142 hp, ongoing radiant 5(save)
-Kozaar HP:45/159, HS:13/15, AP:1 SW:1, [sblock=Expended]Dragon Breath, Come and Get it, Unbreakable, Crumpling slam[/sblock]
-Feather HP:32/98, ongoing 10 fire dmg(save), Prone
-Hell Hound 1 -102 hp
-Hell Hound 2 -137 hp, BLIND (save), Cold vulnerability 5 (Kozaar's turn), Marked by Kozaar
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Got Vorpal," Kozaar asks as he delivers two blows to his enemies in a flurry of axe hits.

[sblock]
Kozaar uses Vorpal Tornado on Hell Hound 2 and Archon 2.
Roll Lookup
1d20+28 → [12,28] = (40) vs. Hell Hound 2, HIT
1d20+28 → [4,28] = (32) vs. Archon 2
Attack bonus includes bonuses from being bloodied and having CA against both of them.

Roll Lookup
1d12+23 → [1,23] = (24), +2 from Bloodied, 26 cold damage (so 31 with vulnerability)
Push Hell Hound 2 to J4 and knock it prone. Mark both enemies. If I actually manage to hit the Archon, I'll knock him prone (but not push).
[/sblock]

Remove ads