D&D 5E (OPTIMIZATION) THE NAMELESS KING ! THE WIZARD's NIGHTMARE! LAST BOSS

pukunui

Legend
Detail his statement is completely wrong. "Wood Elf Magic, etc don't say you learn the spell or that it counts as a <Insert Class Here> spell for you". He stated that docking was right, but he is wrong.
Uh, you do know who Jeremy Crawford is, right?

If you're going to insist that it works the way you want it to work (and not the way it's designer has said it's intended to work), then you're going to have to make it a house rule, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

EDIT: This is the important part:
If they didn't add "in this way" to those feats it'd sound like you can't cast them at all after using the feat. They're distinguishing the 1 use you get from the feat from other ways you might have to cast the spell.

Last edited:

Hygor Haas

Banned
Banned
1. The simulacrum will be within a mile of the Nameless One no? That seems like a pretty reasonable assumption? 1000 ft teleport doesn't help when I have a spell that covers a mile. Your casters don't have teleport, only dimension door.

You hit him within 1200' + distant dimension door = 2.200'

Hygor Haas

Banned
Banned
Uh, you do know who Jeremy Crawford is, right?

If you're going to insist that it works the way you want it to work (and not the way it's designer has said it's intended to work), then you're going to have to make it a house rule, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Armando Doval's claim is wrong, even though Jeremy is saying it or not.
Wood Elf Magic, you effective learn that spell.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Armando Doval's claim is wrong, even though Jeremy is saying it or not.
Wood Elf Magic, you effective learn that spell.

Agree or not, if Jeremy says something works a certain way then we take that as truth, as both RAI and RAW. I don't understand why it is in this instance per se, but I can see how one would reach that conclusion and if that's the meaning he throws his weight behind then it's good enough for all of us.

I agree the other poster was wrong, but I don't believe JC was referring to that post when he agreed with the poster. I believe it was the poster's previous post he was agreeing 100% with.

Hygor Haas

Banned
Banned
Agree or not, if Jeremy says something works a certain way then we take that as truth, as both RAI and RAW. I don't understand why it is in this instance per se, but I can see how one would reach that conclusion and if that's the meaning he throws his weight behind then it's good enough for all of us.

I agree the other poster was wrong, but I don't believe JC was referring to that post when he agreed with the poster. I believe it was the poster's previous post he was agreeing 100% with.

Hahaha, I just can not agree with a post that is wrong. Even if jeremy agrees 100% with wrong. Ahaha

Remove ads