D&D 5E (OPTIMIZATION) THE NAMELESS KING ! THE WIZARD's NIGHTMARE! LAST BOSS

mgshamster

First Post
Unearthed Arcana is a test material, It isn't valid material.

Yet you used it yourself.

[Quite]Oath bow add only +3d6 (Not 6d6), It's only 1d8 longbow damage, Nameless King is immune to posion. LOL, sharpshooter -5 attack roll!![/quote]

Clearly you didn't read my post, as I explained all of this.

Mirror Image AC 10+ dex (4) = 14. YOU HAVE A BIG CHANGE TO FAIL TO HIT A MIRROR IMAGE.

Mirror Image only applies if I can see them. You have darkness up 100% of the time, and therefore I can't see any of your images to confuse you with. It's also true if you're invisible, because then all your mirror images are invisible. Either way, all I have to do it wait. You'll run out of sorc points in 4 hours keeping that spell up. With greater invisibility, you'll run out in 1.6 hours. With sanctuary, you'll run out in 1.2 hours.

Also, you can't do Sneak attack against alert feat.

Um.. what? You have no clue what you're talking about. Alert makes it so you can't be surprised. It says nothing about sneak attack.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Yep the OP is shifting goal posts. It makes it frustrating to discuss anything with him because changes 1 minor detail in the villains defenses changes what does and doesn't work initially on him. He changes things after we are near the end of a particular rabbit hole where we are showing it is defeated and then BAM change and that whole rabbit hole was worthless.

I mean if he is arguing in bad faith then the correct answer is just to say, "Yes, you are correct...the nameless king is invincible; you have won d&d. Ok, bye." Because he isn't actually looking for feedback...he is looking for psychological validation. You are not having the same conversation he is having.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Divination wizards don't work against Staff of Swarming Insect or Darkness.

2 meteors = Death Ward down, ok. third meteor ,Now Contingency: Revify. No Still isn't enough.

1. No idea what the staff does. Maybe you can explain?
2. Did you forget each of my Wizards get's his own simulacrum. Their simulacrums can cast meteor swarm too :) That's 3 additional ones coming at you. Good luck!

FrogReaver

I mean if he is arguing in bad faith then the correct answer is just to say, "Yes, you are correct...the nameless king is invincible; you have won d&d. Ok, bye." Because he isn't actually looking for feedback...he is looking for psychological validation. You are not having the same conversation he is having.

Some of us like going down to other peoples levels and beating them with their own sticks they were trying to beat us with. If that's not your cup of tea then stop trying to talk me out of having my cup of tea.

Hygor Haas

Banned
Banned
1. No idea what the staff does. Maybe you can explain?
2. Did you forget each of my Wizards get's his own simulacrum. Their simulacrums can cast meteor swarm too :) That's 3 additional ones coming at you. Good luck!

To use Portent, you must see the target. So, The Staff or Darkness block it.
With 6 meteor swarm... Wow.

Now, Nameless King is dead and back to clone spell. Now we has 6 wizards without 9th level spell. Interesting.

Detail: A single Subtle Hypnotic Pattern or Mass, Sugestion or Subtles Enemies Abound can be problematic against them. Right?
Direct combat isn't a good idea against 6 meteor swarm.

FrogReaver

To use Portent, you must see the target. So, The Staff or Darkness block it.
With 6 meteor swarm... Wow.

Now, Nameless King is dead and back to clone spell. Now we has 6 wizards without 9th level spell. Interesting.

Detail: A single Subtle Hypnotic Pattern or Mass, Sugestion or Subtles Enemies Abound can be problematic against them. Right?
Direct combat isn't a good idea against 6 meteor swarm.

1. What was left to cast clone?
2. I still don't know what the staff does exactly. Apparently it makes u not able to be seen or something like that but that alone doesn't really spell out what it's doing and how it works?
3. Nameless King is never getting close enough to use any of those spells

Last edited:

Hygor Haas

Banned
Banned
1. What was left to cast clone?
Read Premises.
Staff of Swarming Insect
Insect Cloud: While holding the staff, you can use an action and expend 1 charge to cause a swarm of harmless flying insects to spread out in a 30-foot radius from you. The insects remain for 10 minutes, making the area heavily obscured for creatures other than you

The Enemies can't see the target, then Portent (Divination Wizard) doesn't work.

Never close enough? I think It will be easy.

Last edited:

mgshamster

First Post
Read Premises.
Staff of Swarming Insect
Insect Cloud: While holding the staff, you can use an action and expend 1 charge to cause a swarm of harmless flying insects to spread out in a 30-foot radius from you. The insects remain for 10 minutes, making the area heavily obscured for creatures other than you

The Enemies can't see the target, then Portent (Divination Wizard) doesn't work.

When does he use that action?

Is it:

1) Always Up
2) Cast first round
3) Cast it some other round

FrogReaver

Read Premises.
Staff of Swarming Insect

You are using a magic item with limited charges on it, that gives me a visual que that you are there (swarm of insects). Yea you are as good as dead long before you get to me. All those nice magic items you had are now mine. See invisibility. Double check to make sure it's really you a few turns while ur a mile away. Then blast once we are confident it's really you.

Even with clone (which wasn't on your spell list provided by the way), you still have to start at your lair, get to my wizards location without a simulacrum (possibly can trade a level 9 wish for this) and you have no magic items now. My wizards have all your magic items now :)

Speaking of clone. Each of my wizards can have clone as well. Even if you do catch and find a way to kill them good luck! They will respawn with 3 meteor swarms and be able to wreck havoc on you again.

Remove ads