• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orcus of Necromancer Games says "You were right, I was wrong"

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Working on Print on Demand with DTRPG. That should be coming soon.

I recently read that some sort of photocopier thingymajigga had been released as a business machine that could POD pretty much any book in mere minutes. The idea being that bookstores would buy them and you could just walk in and ask for a paperback and a coffee and get both to go.

If that kind of thing takes off, print-ready PDFs could be a huge new market. Imagine being able to offer your products to any bookstore with virtually zero distribution costs!

Could be cool.

Jack99

Adventurer
Is that the case though? It isn't clear from Orcus' posts. The GSL is out and 3PP are finding that adventures (above all products) are possible and profitable to publish under it. Did Necormancer encounter an issue with the GSL or was it some other reason?

To be fair, not many 3pp release GSL adventures. GG still do the OGL 4e thing.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I dont want to punish the fans by making people wait to see these products until we get everything in order for what our future plans might hold. No need to do that. So we decided, at Bill's urging, to open these up and let them out.
Rock on, Clark, for you rock mightily.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I give much praise and respect...for the courage you muster to do this.

The eagerness to join the 4E flegding path, put many works for 3.5 (as said already, already'in the can') on the bench.

Folks who spent sweat and maybe tears, getting those projects to completion, only then to be told later, sorry...can't release it right now, due to a 'new edition' on the horizon, was simply...bullocks.

I will digress there...

But to see, that clarity finally came forth...means that business for either 'edition' can be served almost equally, if wanted.

I am not the one of the "I told you so" crowd. But I will be the one to say...Thank you for gaining that extra point wisdom, on seeing the bigger picture that surrounds you.

Peace.

Hi everyone.

It's been awhile. :)

Normally I wouldn't talk about new releases here in the main forum. But I'm going to. Why? Because many of you were right and I was wrong. Yep. I said it. I was wrong.

What are you talking about you crazy demon lord, you might say.

Back when 3.5 "officially" ended and 4E started many of you may remember me being 4E's big cheerleader. Well, I still feel the same way about -wanting- to support 4E. But I dont want to get off track. At that time we (meaning me, my partner Bill disagreed but deferred to my wishes on this issue at the time) decided to hold three products we had in the can, essentially. The plan was to retool them and release them for 4E. That plan was thwarted by many things--WotC and the GSL 1.0 and all sorts of factors discussed ad infinitum before. During that process, my position was "dont worry it will all work out and we will have these great 4E modules!" Turns out I was wrong. It didnt all work out.

So here I am. Ready to eat crow. Go ahead. Give it to me :)

Of course, the end result is that some of you get a win/win--you get to tell me you were right and I was wrong AND you get access to those three awesome adventures. When you read them you will see why I was so stoked to do them for 4E (not to play favorites, but in particular Slumbering Tsar).

Here's the link: http://www.enworld.org/forum/publis...mancer-vault-opens-lost-modules-released.html

So all of you who said you would be starving for 3E adventure goodness (or evil badness as the case may be) come on in! The tomb is open! The vault doors thrown aside! And I have to stand here and admit I should have released them over a year ago.

Better late than never I guess. :)

Clark

thatdarnedbob

First Post
This doesnt mean we wont ever do 4E products or Pathfinder ones. Its just that these products had sat around long enough. It was time to get them out. I should have done that back in the day when everyone said "no, get them out now, dont hold them, dont convert them, we want 3E adventures." I didn't listen.

I dont want to punish the fans by making people wait to see these products until we get everything in order for what our future plans might hold. No need to do that. So we decided, at Bill's urging, to open these up and let them out.

Clark

I would love to see you guys put something 4E out in the future! But in the meantime, Erik Mona is going to make me eat a sock. A SOCK, Clark! Can you imagine the horror?

I would love to see you guys put something 4E out in the future! But in the meantime, Erik Mona is going to make me eat a sock. A SOCK, Clark! Can you imagine the horror?
What would have happened if you'd won? If Erik Mona would be eating a sock instead, its hard to have any sympathy for you. :)

I'm delighted that the 3.5 PDFs are now available. However, I'm going to wait for the POD and buy them all that way. (Am I the only one who gets flashbacks to the GSL whenever someone posts on EnWorld that something will be available "soon"?)

Angellis_ater

First Post
Up until now, I hadn't realized that Goodman Games aren't using the GSL for their adventures. Go figure... so - essentially NO ONE uses the GSL for adventures, do they?

Speaking of that - with Adamant publishing outside of both OGL and GSL, Goodman using the OGL for their adventures - isn't it possible for Necromancer to release this under the OGL but for 4E? Or is that... just too late?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Up until now, I hadn't realized that Goodman Games aren't using the GSL for their adventures. Go figure... so - essentially NO ONE uses the GSL for adventures, do they?

I don't think it is true that Goodman are not using the GSL for their 4e adventures, for two reasons:

1. They have a prominent "for use with Dungeons & Dragons" logo on their main 4e product page. I don't think they can use that without having signed the GSL.

2. They are listed on the WotC partnerships page, which I believe includes only companies producing GSL products.

malkav666

First Post
Well I am glad to finally see these (but I wil be holding out on purchase until you get POD worked out). I am also stoked that they are NOT for 4e :) Keep up the 3.x/PF stuff coming, get a POD system set up, and I will open my wallet and give you money for it.

Its so very cool that OGL survived, and that all of the folks that made me love 3.x with their support are still using it to make games, and support the game that I love.

Oh, BTW, you need to go ahead and make a horrors book for PF. I have a good feeling that it would sell pretty dang well.

love,

malkav

Angellis_ater

First Post
I don't think it is true that Goodman are not using the GSL for their 4e adventures, for two reasons:

1. They have a prominent "for use with Dungeons & Dragons" logo on their main 4e product page. I don't think they can use that without having signed the GSL.

2. They are listed on the WotC partnerships page, which I believe includes only companies producing GSL products.

Well, you're wrong since I just checked their Adventures out. OGL. NO GSL.

1. They DO have products under the GSL. Paths to Prestige for example. And you can still sign the GSL without producing product under it.

2. No, it includes companies having signed up for the GSL. And, as stated above, OTHER products of Goodmans use the GSL.

Not to be rude - but fact-checking is kinda cool, atleast that's what I hear. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads