D&D 5E Orcus vs Raven Queen: The saga

Weiley31

Legend
So I'm a big fan of The Raven Queen flavor wise. And 4E had a number of adventure modules focusing on her and her "rivalry" with Orcus as he tried his hardest to murder her deader than dead.

Which modules or how many follow this storyline? I know Temple on Shadowfell(H-1), The Demon Queen's Enclave(P-2), and Prince of Undeath(E-3?) deal with it(Prince of Undeath being the finale of said storyline)

Were there any others? Thinking about borrowing the story beats and stuff for 5E.

I also read one of these modules dealing with the story gives you an Avatar of The Raven Queen to fight alongside ya. Would the stats be hard to convert?

Growalz

Villager
I found this while researching Info on the Raven Queen vs Orcus and Vecna.
I also am a fan of the R.Q. I played a Raven Queen Paladin in 4e homebrew games.
I am now writing an adventure that involves at least the animosity between them based in the Greyhawk world of Oerth. But who knows where it will lead.
I thank all of you for providing such useful info.
Perhaps when I have finished it, the adventure can be posted here.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I vastly prefer her 4E background. But I mix in some 5E elements. So she's not bodiless but still collects mementoes of the fallen.
Not sure why i never replied to this when you posted it.

I agree completely. There are some little nuggets of gold in the Morty's Fome of Toes writeup for RQ, but overall, it's just bad. Why change a cosmic figure from a Neutral-but-largely-benevolent figure that guards the natural process of death and opposes interlopers in that process, into literally the opposite of that? What possible sense does that make?

That's like making Pelor into a power of encroaching darkness and patron of those who snuff out light.

That said, I have a whole backstory for her that combines her story with The Red Witch and the Lady of The White Well, making a triune power of 3 individuals (no one believe they're the same being, they're definitely sisters and individuals, with RQ being the greatest of the three) who became powers as part of a ritual that saved their people from utter annihilation, but cost them their names, and involved stealing the power from the old god of death.

If I do end up running my island game that I posted about recently, the three sisters will all be major gods, having replaced the old (evil) gods of Death (Raven Queen), War (Red Witch), and Secrets (Lady of The White Well aka Silver Knight or Lady of Silver Mist). Each has their own rivalries and alliances, but together make up one of the most important divine power groups. They're also all associated with death and war and secrets to some degree, but each has a dominant focus on one.

dave2008

Legend
I also read one of these modules dealing with the story gives you an Avatar of The Raven Queen to fight alongside ya. Would the stats be hard to convert?
I gave her stats in my 5e Epic Monster Updates: Intermediate Gods , please note it uses a homebrew monster math noted in the OP (I would argue it works better than the one in the DMG for epic monsters). You could always simplify her stat block to make an avatar. Also note, I converted this from a 4e version I had, so it doesn't reflect any changes that may have been made in 5e.

Remove ads