• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] 2002 World Cup, part 2

Black Omega

First Post
Yes, it was a pretty good final. Germany did play well and their style gave Brazil alot of problems. Kahn will probably get more flak than he merits out of the final. He had a great run previously and the shot he couldn't keep his hands on was struck pretty hard. Congrats to Brazil on a great World Cup and to Ronaldo for finally pulling everything together.

And here's hoping both Japan and Korea put together another good run next time around just to show it wasn't all the home team advantage. I'd love to see some new faces in the finals. I'm also betting next time around no one underestimates Senegal.:)

Sports are basically a matter of taste. Personally, I can't watch baseball or American football.:)

Rashak Mani

First Post
If Brazil ever won the Hockey or American Football Championship we certainly woudnt be freaking out here as well.... so its a matter of what sports your Dad / Country made you like.

Here in Brazil 97% of the country was watching the game... people were super anxious and the party is still going on since the morning. A lot of cars are flying the Brazilian colors and most people are wearing the famous canary yellow shirt. Tuesday the players will come back and will parade in several capitals with millions cheering.... businesses will close when the national team comes to Brasilia... so its a matter of taste... the game itself might be lackluster... but the cheering isnt.

As for the final......

BRAZIL !!!

Great Try Germany... should have tried more head shots like you did thru so many games... Korea and Turkey congrats for a great game... USA for a very good performance... and italy for getting put down by bad referee more times than anyone else...

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp BRAAAAAAAAAASIIIIIIIIIIL!

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Or translated into English:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp BRAAAAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIIIL! :D

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Well, if it couldn't be USA or Russia winning it all (and realistically, all I was looking for from those two was a good showing... which at least the US delivered on), then at least my #3 team in the tournament could. :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp
brazflag.gif

-G

ninthcouncil

First Post
It's a good thing the Brazilians won - can you imagine the whingeing here in England if the Germans had done it....!

Seriously, though, apologies are in order, as the German team, widely badmouthed by all and sundry (including me) gave a good account of themselves, especially some previously little-known players like Frings and Metzelder. We'll forgive Frings his handball against USA - the ball was over the line anyway :rolleyes:

Great to see Ronaldo back on top, even if he is only operating at 80% - after the nightmare last four years, he must be happy to be playing at all. Rivaldo, as is often the case, did nothing for most of the game, but what he did counted. Cafu and Roberto Carlos were notably well looked after by the German wing backs, but Kleberson, previously overshadowed by the big names, had an excellent game.

Perhaps Oliver Kahn and David Seaman can set up a mutual support organisation for traumatised goalkeepers, with Peter Bonetti as honorary president?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads