• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] HELP! Gaming Tonight -> What to cook for group?

shouit

Explorer
I am suppose to cook dinner tonight for the gaming group and the only requirement is that there is no tomato in it. I have bread baking right now but wondering what I should make...

shouit

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
Hmm...that let's out my White Trash Devil Casserole.

Too bad; it's cheap, easy and awesome (just like it's creator:D)

Where is the recipe?? I wouldnt mind knowing it for future gaming..

KnowTheToe

First Post
Tacos, quick, easy & good.

For recipe's that are usually easy to cook, try htt://www.allrecipes.com Most of the recipes are things people actually make for normal meals. I have found some really good food on that site.

Tacos tonight and look to all recipes for the future.

Shadoe's Lady

First Post
Nacho or tostada bar. Same principle-lots of different ingredients and everyone builds their own.

Now that I think about it burgers or sandwiches work the same way.

Drawmack

First Post
Chef Salad

cut up ham, turkey and roast beef - mix with 2 heads of letuce, brocoli, coliflour, carrots and (on the side) tomatoes. Serve with your favorite dressing.

10 minutes to diner for an army.

Buffalo Chicken Chili

Buffalo Chicken Chili

INGREDIENTS:
3 TBS to 1/2 c cayenne pepper sauce (Red Devil, Frank's, Texas Pete, etc) My Preference is for 1/2 c of Frank's Original Red Hot myself.
3 chicken cutlets
4 TBS butter
1/4 c flour
3 stalks celery, diced
1/2 c cayenne pepper sauce
1 TBS mayonnaise
1 can beer
2 c cooked beans (cannelloni, great northern, pinto) i.e. White Kidney Beans

DIRECTIONS:
Marinate the chicken cutlets in 3 TBS of the hot sauce overnight if possible. Since that's not possible for you this time, I'd go for the 1/2 c.

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Cut the chicken into half-inch cubes and dredge in the flour. Saute them until golden brown in the butter.

Add the celery and continue to simmer for 2 or 3 more minutes. Add the hot sauce, mayonnaise, beer and beans. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.

Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.

Please note that I found this wonderful tasty concotion on QED cooks. www.wqed.org

Cordially,

Bronze Dragon
Pittsburgh

Teflon Billy

Explorer
shouit said:

Where is the recipe?? I wouldnt mind knowing it for future gaming..

WHITE TRASH DEVIL CASSEROLE

You will need...
  • 1 Can of Stagg Hot Chili
  • 1 Box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner
  • 1 Big bag of Nacho Tortilla Chips
  • 1/2 pound of Ground Beef

1. Make the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner as per the directions on the box

2. Fry up the ground beef, season to tast with whatever you've got around (I usually use either garlic or steak salt).

3. Add the Stagg Chili and ground beef to the Macaroni and Cheese. Mix well.

4. Dump the whole concoction in a shallow casserole dish and crumble the nachos on top until it's totally covered.

5. Broil on the middle rack of the oven until the whole top layer is crisped up a bit.

Serve with Beer.

Remove ads