• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) It Snowed!!

Fast Learner

First Post
Yep, and even most of eastern Kansas (especially the northeast, where I lived) is quite hilly (as implied by Utrecht, though folks may not know where Manhattan, KS is) . The glaciers did a nice job of roughing it up.

It's all slowly-drying ocean floor west of that, though. Unbelievably flat.

d19

First Post
drothgery said:
Weather, what's that?[1]

[1] For the uniformed - the parts of San Diego within a few miles of the Pacific are sunny with highs between 65 and 75 about 350 days a year.

It's a little too sunny, we really need some rain so the whole county does not burn down. This drought is very dangerous.

Tharkun

First Post
It was rather freaky because up north here we're supposed to get snow the last week of Oct. Yet we didn't get any snow until a few days ago! And it's mostly melted away now :( Stupid global warming!!

KB9JMQ

First Post
10 years ago when I moved 5 hours north to Plymouth, IN, I thought it would be great since I now would live in the "Lake Effect" area of Lake Michigan. (I love snow).
Little did I know I moved 6 miles too short. I only get lake effect when there is a straight south 30 mph wind with it. :(
This has only happened once since I lived here, and it was great ;)

Hoping for southern winds in northern Indiana.

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
You want flat, look at Saskatchewan. The only reason you can't see Manitoba from the Alberta border is the curvature of the earth. No hills. No valleys. No trees. No water. Can't even call it a dustbowl. It's more of a dustplate.

orbitalfreak

First Post
Snow, what's that?

It has snowed here a grand total of three times in the nineteen years I've been alive. Once I was too young to remember, and another time it was just a light "drizzle" of snow, with no accumulation on the ground at all. About 15 years ago we did get about 2" worth of ground cover.

armac

Long Live the Legion!
Agnostic Paladin said:
You want flat, look at Saskatchewan. The only reason you can't see Manitoba from the Alberta border is the curvature of the earth. No hills. No valleys. No trees. No water. Can't even call it a dustbowl. It's more of a dustplate.

Oh, c'mon Agnostic Paladin, such mistruths... We really
don't need to give everyone completely false impressions
of Saskatchewan.

In places, Saskatchewan does live up to these stereotypes,
but you'd be surprised at areas of Saskatchewan that
contradict your statements.

Family members of mine have cottages by 3 lakes in
Saskatchewan, and the provincial tourism board has been
advertising the fact that there are close to 100 000
freshwater lakes in Saskatchewan. I don't like to fish
but I know many who do, and love fishing in Saskatchewan.

My father grew up in the Qu'Appelle valley, and I have
been through many hilly areas in southeast Saskatchewan,
and just north of North Battleford.

If you want, we can easily get into myths and stereotypes
of Albertans, that would be good for a laugh. :D

Angus

Palantir

First Post
We have snow forecasted for tomorrow. I'm hoping it misses us. The tires on my car are almost bald and given our track record the last few years (and no snow), I've been putting off getting new tires. They tend to be a bit pricey!

[burst into song]
O, a-sliding we will go! A-sliding we will go! Right off the slip-ry road, a-sliding we will go!
[/burst into song]

-Palantir

Welverin

First Post
dshai527 said:
I also hear about San Diego all the time. My wife is from there and she has plans to move us back out there within the next few years, now that I have finally finished my degree. I won't miss the snow or the weather changes, but I don't wanna leave my gaming group.

tHEN YOU HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE THE WITH YOU.

oops, stupid caps lock.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads