[OT] NHL Stanley Cup Finals

novyet

First Post
Well I got off work late, so no going to the Hockeytown Cafe :(

So I got a bunch of people together to watch the game, and let me just be the first to say that was a SWEEEEEEEEET goal there. :D

And the second goal was just as good! :)

Last edited:

skulrik

Explorer
So... it's over. Stanley Cup in Hockeytown, USA.

Congratulation to the Red Wings. It's a beautiful club, and their victory is only normal.

Scotty, the best coach of all time, have announced that it was it's last game.... as a coach.... but.....

....... don't be surprise to see him with the Habs, as a counselor :D Go Scotty Go :)

And now,the time have come for Hasek to finish is career :p

It's has been a pleasure to speak with all of you. Good luck to you, and see you next year for another great hockey season and post-season, or maybe in another thread :)

Here my prediction for 2003: The Cup in Montreal :D

Go Habs Go !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
Booyah! Welcome home you magnificent trophy!

Congrats to the Hurricanes who played an awesome playoff run this season, and who I hope to see back and kicking butt next year.

Congrats Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Quickbeam

Explorer
** The Wings prevail for their 10th Stanley Cup.
** Nicklas Lidstrom deservingly wins the Conn Smythe Trophy.
** Bowman retires after yet another championship.
** Detroit celebrates in true Hockeytown fashion.

Some parting thoughts...
-- The Sharks, Habs and 'Canes look like Detroit's toughest competition for next season.
-- The Wings earned this championship, and no one can say otherwise.
-- I enjoyed seeing players like Robitaille and Chelios hoist the Cup in Red Wing uniforms.
-- It was great chatting hockey with all of you, and I look forward to sharing conversations on other topics throughout the year.

WINGS WIN!!!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Same here Quick...but I do wish we had a Gm and coach like the Wings do. *sighs* Oh well. At least I can enjoy the draft and wait for Fall to come...

Welverin

First Post
Originally posted by Nightfall Same here Quick...but I do wish we had a Gm and coach like the Wings do. *sighs* Oh well. At least I can enjoy the draft and wait for Fall to come...

Don't worry it will happen some day, before I die of old age, I hope. I'm sure Clarke will get fired right after Snider is no longer running the team (he is kind of old). I take it you don't believe in Hitchcock?

Did you see they traded Boucher (along witha third round oick) to the Yotes for Handzus and Esche? Would seem they'll keep Cechmanek and let Oates leave (think they should get rid or Primeau though).

Originally posted by Lady Dragon My wings have won the cup.I am so proud of them.Now we just have to talk Scotty into one more year.And Hasek too.

At least you don't have to worry about Yzerman leaving yet. He certainly put an end to the speculation about his retirement real quick.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'd like to give a hearty congratulations to the Wings for their victory last night. I'd have loved to see my Canes come back from being two games down to win the whole thing but I think it was fairly obvious that the Wings were a cut above them.

At least the Canes got a win out of this series. And I'm glad that they are being taken seriously now. At the start of the playoffs, I heard way too many people saying that the Canes should be "just happy to be there".

It almost has me (pretty much a non-hockey-fan) looking forward to next season.

Remove ads