[OT] NHL Stanley Cup Finals

QB, I think you hit the nail on the head. Detroit will have had to play against every style of hockey imaginable to win the Cup. Hurricanes are a bit of a one-trick pony, and after last night especially, I think that trick's kinda run it's course.

As for Francis' post shot: that's only karma catching up to them after Game 3! :D

Chairman_Kaga

Founder of the Gourmet Gamer Academy
Only a couple of months til training camp...

What can I say, I am thoroughly uninterested this year...I was hoping the Canes would pull some sort of magic out of their collective arses...but it appears my hpes have fallen flat...

I said it on October 3rd, 2001...Detroit will raise the Cup. I hate being right...

Now, onto more important things Free Agency. The pickin's is mighty juicy this off-season!

Oh...and Go Rangers!

novyet

First Post
Well we shouldn't count Carolina out just yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out everything they've got tonight. Desperation is a great motivation. :)

That said I'm all set to head downtown to party tonight! :D

GO WINGS!

Tom Cashel

First Post
Although my gut tells me Detroit will win tonight, I'll be watching in the hope that Carolina manages to rally and win another game in this series. I'm troubled/excited by the way that everyone (myself included, novyet excluded) seems to be counting them out. We all know what Yogi Berra said about when a sporting event is "over."

Oh, yeah...thanks for reminding me, Chairman Kaga...

GO RANGERS!!!

Last edited:

I'm not counting them out yet (although I'd be real surprised to see them rally, and I think Detroit's figured out how to beat there system somewhat) we're just real excited here! :)

Quickbeam

Explorer
I've been totally overwhelmed at work the past few days, and have been forced to forego much of the usual EN World chit chat that makes my day enjoyable. Hopefully tomorrow will dawn with a lighter workload...and a Red Wing Stanley Cup celebration still in full swing :D!!

Ruined

Explorer
Ah well, got to chime in since I'm the wonderful land of North Carolina:

GO 'CANES!!

I think the Wings have the series. That's too hard of a deficit to overcome. Of course if any underdog team could do it, it would be Carolina.

Last edited:

skulrik

Explorer
Tonight will be a fantastic night !!

If the Wings win, it will be the apogee of a fantastic season...

... and if the Hurricanes win, it will be fantastic to see another fantastic game :D

Remove ads