• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What does "under Jacob's condition" mean?

Janx

Hero
The human race has held onto past wrongs since time immemorial!

And maybe they shouldn't. We're gonna need a whole new language, just to avoid offending anybody because of some past connotation.

or, we could drop it. and focus on what the speaker's actual intent was. So yes, Everybody should take things in stride and instead of taking offense where none was intended.

Samaeljs

First Post
This isn't really expert level Janx. This is the "read the players handbook" of early American history, metaphorically speaking.

I humbly apologize to all of my ancestors for all the nasty things they did to each other.

I am, after all, responsible for most of them killing and oppressing each other for longer than some countries have existed. I should never be offensive to all of my many ancestors by attempting to leaven current situations with humour, so we can all stop hating each other over mutual borders.

Far better that we remember ceaselessly the wrongs done in the past, so we can bring them up as injuries and always lodge protest of anyone and anything that might seem the slightest slight.

Finally, I'm not responsible for broken, shattered or combusted sarcasm meters. In case that was too subtle for you, I have the ethnicities of oppressors and oppressed in my ancestry, and sometimes one was the other, so I think I'm fully qualified to say -

- Let it go, or you might as well let your lawyers strangle your childrens' bank accounts in their cribs.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
It refers to the Epistle of James (Jacobus in Greek).

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

Remove ads