other "update" issues

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Anyone else having trouble posting to existing threads?

Not seeing new posts in existing threads? I mean, it's in my settings that there's a new post and who it's from, but when I try to go to "first unread" I just go to the top of page the ne post is supposed to be on...and scrolling down, it's not there. When I try to open the thread from the forum page: also showing that there's a new post from so-and-so, the new post is not showing in the thread.

I suppose we will see if the difficulties are posting to existing threads or if this doesn't go anywhere and it's posting new threads too.

How everything gets ironed out shortly.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Nothing happens. It doesn't post....of course now this one will to prove me wrong.

But the other thing, seeing that there are new posts to threads (by other people, I mean) and then not seeing those posts when I go to see them.

For example, I am showing the Kid Charlamagne posted to my previous "ad banner" thread. But I can't see his/her post when I go to the thread.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Well, I cleared every cache I could. Disk cleaned up, all that jazz. Logged out and back in. Refreshed and reloaded... I don't really know what else to do. So anyone who knows more about computers/programming than me [which is undoubtedly many here] I'm all ears.

Still seeing the ads banner at the top of the page. Still can't see the post from Kid Charlemagne...the latest of the "Monster Density" thread in the 5e forum...or couple of other places I've gone and don't see what is being posted as the latest posts...and when going to "first unread" you're taken to the top of the page the post is on, not the latest post as it was before.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It does sound very cookie-esque. (not the ad banners; that's a totally separate issue). Do you have a different browser you could try and see if the symptoms remain? That would at least narrow it down to a browser issue or not.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Hmmm. Good call. Seems to be better in Internet Explorer than Google, though the Kid Charlemagne response to the ad banner thread still eludes me...the other threads to seem to be "caught up"...in IE.

Something about Google Chrome, I guess?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
And as an FYI, the ad banner shows up on IE also...so that's not some Google Chrome specific thing.

Huhm...I lied. Kind of.

The ad banner is there when I am writing a reply to a thread. But it's gone looking at pretty much anywhere else.

Last edited:

Remove ads