Slow page load speeds (esp. for included images and fonts)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry, I probably wasn't precise enough. What I meant is: wasn't there a link to "What's New" on the front page in the second menu row before?

View attachment 283908
I haven't touched it. I don't remember a What's New there. I never used that submenu myself and couldn't tell you what's in it, but I certainly haven't altered it either.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think if you just click on Community that takes you to the latest forum posts? I assume that's what Whats New is/was/is?

I haven't touched it. I don't remember a What's New there. I never used that submenu myself and couldn't tell you what's in it, but I certainly haven't altered it either.
Weird. Maybe a software update or something like that? You can actually see the old entry on archive.org: ENWorld (a month ago). Screenshot below for convenience:
1683499929525-png.284119

I think if you just click on Community that takes you to the latest forum posts? I assume that's what Whats New is/was/is?
Yes, clicking the "Community" element on the header line of the menu works - it's mainly my muscle memory that will need to adapt (and I think it made sense to have it as an explicit element).

Attachments

• 1683499929525.png
    1683499929525.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 132

Thanks a lot!
Sorry to ask for another thing, but if it's not too much hassle, could you move it to the second position, i.e. behind "Your news feed", so it is basically where the old one was? (I'm starting to get used to the new position, so all good)

Last edited:

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I'm seeing issues on W10 in both Chrome and Firefox. The issue is both large (500kb) and insanely large images (10.2MB). The frontpage has ~20MB worth of images and they are loading insanely slow. This on a 1000/1000 fiber connection. 500Kb for an image is large, way to large, expecially when you have 27+ of them on a page! Isn't that generating a very high bill on internet traffic? My Internet connection isn't having issues with 20MB of images, it could download that 1/6th of a second, something is throttling on the enworld.org server end...

If more information is required, please let me know.

Sidenote: Have the Enworld.org servers always been located in the US?

darjr

I crit!
I'm seeing issues on W10 in both Chrome and Firefox. The issue is both large (500kb) and insanely large images (10.2MB). The frontpage has ~20MB worth of images and they are loading insanely slow. This on a 1000/1000 fiber connection. 500Kb for an image is large, way to large, expecially when you have 27+ of them on a page! Isn't that generating a very high bill on internet traffic? My Internet connection isn't having issues with 20MB of images, it could download that 1/6th of a second, something is throttling on the enworld.org server end...

If more information is required, please let me know.

Sidenote: Have the Enworld.org servers always been located in the US?
I believe they have always been in the US.

Image size is still an issue but could you check the front page? Thanks!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Image size is still an issue but could you check the front page? Thanks!
I noticed yesterday and today (around the same time) that the FP is loading fast. I need to check later in the day, it might be a load issue. I forgot to do that yesterday.

Remove ads