Slow page load speeds (esp. for included images and fonts)

lyle.spade

Adventurer
When I look i
I can’t replicate the font thing. I must be doing something different?

It doesn't load the black font on my phone, but does so in my desktop and tablet browsers. Using Safari on desktop and Brave on my tablet. Just loaded it through Brave on desktop and that's not set to dark mode and the fonts loaded black there, but obviously that didn't cause a problem. Images still loading, however, like it's 1998. Looking for a dial-up sound to accompany it.... :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I see the scrolling banner is gone from the front page. Mi-ight be making a speed difference, I can't really tell as it's all been reasonably fast throughout for me.

But checking notifications from the front page isn't giving errors now, so maybe it's helped?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Hmm, I just loaded up a couple of threads without going through the news page and it was still unusually sluggish with loading graphics, including the text formatting button bar's icons. Worse than yesterday. So I dunno.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
The site loads more quickly on my phone, but on a tablet and my desktop it's dreadful. The black letters in dark mode do not show up on the phone, either, but they do on the other two devices.

monsmord

Adventurer
Though I'm going to the Forums page, I got hung up waiting on "yt3.ggpht.com," a Google domain for photos, videos, etc., and the page failed to load. I changed my preferences to eliminate cross-site and tracking cookies, and the Forums loaded right away. This may be coincidence, as I find the slowness problem comes and goes, but maybe this is useful to folks who know more about what drives things.

darjr

I crit!
OK this is better.

Still traffic is low at the moment but a lot better anyway.

Let me know how it's going folks.

Remove ads