• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

KS says he's highly likely to roll with Solace. So we have our party of five now. I will vet Kamael late this evening, and hopefully will vet Solace on Friday night. I've already begun corresponding with QL about the NPC. I want to add details about the prisoner NPCs to the Community page. And I think I want to take the weekend for reading days (like how universities sometimes give Master's students reading days prior to the start of exams).

All of the above means we'll start play this coming Monday. I'll be at a work conference through Wednesday but should be able to get the ball rolling no problem. I'll do it from my hotel room either early Monday morning or early evening that day.

Great characters so far! How they work together (or stab each other in the face) will be fun to see!
Agreed. And I think, although only two of them know one another, it'll be a group that works very, very well together. Lots of opportunity to play off of one another.

If ya'll don't go batshit crazy with madness, that is. Heh. :D

Yavathol

Explorer
All of the above means we'll start play this coming Monday. I'll be at a work conference through Wednesday but should be able to get the ball rolling no problem. I'll do it from my hotel room either early Monday morning or early evening that day.

D'oh! That's the week when I'm away:( May have very slow internet access on my phone, until the following monday! Maybe Kamael is separated slightly from the main group and has to be rescued by them after they've initiated the escape, or such?

Hmmmm...good point. That leaves three options: 1) we start on Monday and I NPC Kamael; 2) we delay starting until your return Tuesday the week after next; or 3) we start before this weekend.

Of those three, I like the third option, starting tomorrow or Friday. It'll give you a couple three days to post for Kamael and set his tone and tenor. Plus, we seize on the momentum and excitement of A Shiny New Thing. And, with Kamael's tone and tenor established, I'll have a guide for when I might need to post for him in your stead. Or if maybe KS posts for him in your stead.

Sooooo...I'll vet Kamael tonight and will get the IC rolling by Friday evening at the latest.

[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], is your sheet ready for me to vet? I scanned it earlier and it looks close, just need trait/bond/flaw? If I humanly can, I'll vet it this evening.

So, [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] provided a totally awesome link to an excellent resource that I knew nothing about, an online repository of 5e spells: Grimoire. Thanks, GE, that'll be very helpful during combat. If you're a spellcaster and I've asked you to include sblocked text of your spells, please just provide the link to the Grimoire instead. I will add a link to the OP of this thread, and also to the Links section of the Community. Tomorrow, though. Right now my brain needs to power down and sleep. I've gotten only two to three hours of sleep the last three nights, so I'm afraid I will not be able to vet Solace this evening, [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]. Tomorrow night. With the IC to be posted on Friday evening.

EDIT: Yup, brain is not working quite right...I totally spaced what I came here to say, which is that I've vetted Kamael, [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], and sent you a pair of PMs with comments. He looks great, good work, and please post him in the RG.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads