• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #1 - Red America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiant

First Post
Binary

"Try not to get hurt and please don't wake up. In that case I'll have to hurt you I guess."
Carol pushes Darkstar into the relative safety behind the firetruck, briefly wondering why the women is so easy to move. If she can't see anything that's obviously wrong she leaves it at that and looks around the corner to see the battle. Soft white light pulses from her fingertips as she tries to change into Binary again.

ooc:still charging up and hopefully keeping an overview over the battle.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Madison and 43rd Street
Manhattan
Early afternoon

Battle Before the Baxter Building – Second Half, round four, continued

The Vision willed himself intangible and sank into the earth, all the while performing calculations to determine the proper course of action.(a) Vision plunged his hand into Colossus’s back and forced himself to begin to become corporeal. Colossus yelled out in pain and surprise, falling to her knees.

Ultron watched over the battlefield, paying particular attention to the Vision’s attack. “I am . . . I am so proud,” Ultron stated, wiping a finger beneath one eye socket.

Comrade Russia, in his duel with Captain America, maintained a careful eye on the conflict. “Change targets people. Unit, take over . . . the earlier you. Use him against these others.” Comrade, slammed the side of the shield into Cap, staggering him back a step or two before hurling it with significant force for the short ten feet it was going to travel toward Beast.(b) Luckily for Beast, he observed the attack from the corner of his eye and moved out of the way a spilt second before it struck. The shield rebounded and Comrade Russia caught it with an outstretched arm, sliding it into place once again.

Colossus shook her head, her mind working through the pain. Seeing the limp form of Wonder Man before her, she grabbed him and hurled him skyward with great strength into the air toward a tall building in the distance. Looking at Vision, she said, “Fast ball special - oops, I forgot to tell wonder dog. Time to save the he-ro.” in the time to make the donuts jingle.

(a) Vision determined the distance (DC 10 spot check) Roll of 13 + 4 for a total of 17, success. Melee attack roll of 19 + 4 base + 5 str + 2 flanking for a total of 30, success. Damage save (Fortitude) vs DC 25s phase attack is roll of 13 + 5 for a total of 18, stun hit and stunned.

(b) Comrade Russia’s action rapid strike, power attack for 5. Attack Cap with Shield Roll of 12 + 13 base -2 rapid -5 power +2 flanked for a 20 vs. Cap’s current defense of 17, a hit. Damage save vs. 30 lethal was roll of 12 + 14 for a total of 26, one lethal hit. Hurl shield at Beast (Roll of 11 hero pointed to no help) + 13 base - 2 rapid -5 power for a total of 17, missing.

OOC: Summary Hp’s spent (Binary 5, Cap 1, Falcon 1, Iron Man 2, Wasp 3, Wonder man 1) Damage levels (Cap 3 lethal/2 stun stunned, Carol Danvers 2 lethal/2 stun, Falcon 2 lethal hit/dying, Iron Man 2 lethal/1 stun , Wonder Man 6 stun unconscious, Wasp - paralyzed). And now . . . actions? Initiatives: (Falcon, Wasp, Red Hawk, Beast, Black Widow, Iron Man, Vision, Titanium Man, ‘Ultron’, Comrade Russia, Colossus, <paused> Sandman, Binary, Wonder Man, Cap, Darkstar, Crimson Dynamo). Also, Villain points used – 12 (Colossus 1s, Crimson Dynamo – drained, Darkstar 1L/3s unconscious, Comrade 2s, Titanium Man - drained).

OOC: GM backroom. Spent villain point for Colossus to remove stunned effect.

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Madison and 43rd Street
Manhattan
Early afternoon

Once they teleported, his teammates sprung into action. Flint observed the field and saw Cap battling with Comrade Russia. At once, his form shifted, and he literally poured himself onto Comrade Russia in an attempt to subdue him, possibly even render him unconcious.

Arani Korden

First Post
Beast, HP 3/5, Unhurt, footloose, and fancy free

Keia said:
Luckily for Beast, he observed the attack from the corner of his eye and moved out of the way a spilt second before it struck. The shield rebounded and Comrade Russia caught it with an outstretched arm, sliding it into place once again.

Hank shifted the bow from his foot to his left hand, and twirled the staff in his right. "I know you won't believe this, Clint, but it really is good to see you," he said. "But I don't have time to chat." And he swung the staff at Red Hawk's head.

ooc: Just your basic, everyday melee attack.

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man, 4/6 HP, 1S/2 L, -3 Armor

Baxter Building

Keia said:
"Yes, but it's all the rage in outerwear . . . I see you're in fashion as well," Colossus replied.

"Far be it for me to disagree with a pretty lady. Say, what are you doing after all of these shenanigans? Care for a drink?"

If it doesn't work the first time, try some one else! Maneuvering over to aim at the now bowless Barton the repulsors on the badly damaged suit fire to life again seeking to sent CLint to some very nice dreams.

OOC: Feats - Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Aerial Combat(+1 attack)
Attack- +9/+9 +11 dmg
Spent my hero point for the round becoming unstunned.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Madison and 43rd Street
Manhattan
Early afternoon

Battle Before the Baxter Building – Second Half, round four, continued

Sandman shifted himself into a funnel of sand and flowed over to Comrade Russia, pouring himself on top of the warrior. (a) Flint could feel the man struggle within the sand to break free.

Carol looked on at the conflict from behind the fire truck. The odds seemed to be in the Avengers favor . . . but Ultron was across the conflict from her, just watching. That . . . was bad news. Energy flicked at her finger tips, but nothing more than that.

Wonder Man was dreaming - the sensation of flying through the air was much stronger than in other dreams. In fact, the flying actually woke Simon up . . . he was sailing through the air much faster than he could fly himself . . . and a building was rapidly approaching.

(a) Sandman’s action move/snare attack. Ranged attack roll of 18 + 4 + 2 flanked -4 ranged into melee combat for a total of 20, just hit. Reflex save roll of 14 (Villain pointed to no help) + 5, just missed. Comrade Russia has a -2 to hit and -4 to Dexterity and cannot move. Another successful snare will render him immobile and helpless.

OOC: Summary Hp’s spent (Binary 5, Cap 1, Falcon 1, Iron Man 2, Wasp 3, Wonder man 2) Damage levels (Cap 3 lethal/2 stun stunned, Carol Danvers 2 lethal/2 stun, Falcon 2 lethal hit/dying, Iron Man 2 lethal/1 stun , Wonder Man 6 stun unconscious, Wasp - paralyzed). And now . . . actions? Initiatives: (Falcon, Wasp, Red Hawk, Beast, Black Widow, Iron Man, Vision, Titanium Man, ‘Ultron’, Comrade Russia, Colossus, Sandman, Binary, Wonder Man, <paused> Cap, Darkstar, Crimson Dynamo). Also, Villain points used – 13 (Colossus 1s, Crimson Dynamo – drained, Darkstar 1L/3s unconscious, Comrade 2s, Titanium Man - drained).

OOC: GM backroom. Successful expenditure of hero point to wake up for Wonder Man.

Karl Green

First Post
Wonderman, HP 4/5, 6 stun

Whoa, I can fly when I am unconscious now? Sleep flying?? seeing the building he tries to hold his flight and look around to see where the 'badguys' are. Shaking his head a bit he remembers that his new team is in trouble and he better get back there...

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Madison and 43rd Street
Manhattan
Early afternoon

Sandman shifted himself into a funnel of sand and flowed over to Comrade Russia, pouring himself on top of the warrior. (a) Flint could feel the man struggle within the sand to break free.

Flint struggled around Comrade Russia, maintaining his hold on him long enough to hopefully knock him out. He could feel the man struggling, but Flint held onto him with all his strength, sand flowing endlessly.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America (HP 5/6, 3 lethal, 2 stun)

Madison and 43rd Street
Manhattan
Early afternoon

Battle Before the Baxter Building
Jack bounced back from the strike by Comrade Russia's shield to see Sandman grappling with him. The sandy form covered him and you could actually watch the blows from within as they hit, like watching a cartoon.

"What are you doing! Can't you see I was...!" Jack stopped for a brief moment. Sandman's attack on Comrade Russia forced him to see what was going on around him. Everyone was here and it was a giant free for all in the street, Avengers versus Soviets.

"Never mind. Nice work, Sandman. When he drops, take his shield from him, he doesn't deserve it."

Jack turned and smashed his shield into Colossus. "I'm pretty sure I owed you that."

OOC: All Out Attack (-5 Dodge, +5 Attack), Attack Focus Shield (+1). 1 HP towards stunned condition.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Madison and 43rd Street
Manhattan
Early afternoon

Battle Before the Baxter Building – Second Half, round five, continued

Captain America took a focused swing at Colossus, (a) jarring her momentarily.

Captain America said:
"I'm pretty sure I owed you that."
Carol Danvers glanced at Laynia, noting she was still deeply unconscious. Redwing sank further into Falcon’s chest, his calls echoing clearly over the battlefield. Janet struggled against the poison flowing through her system, willing herself to move . . . (b) and she succeeded.

Red Hawk looked at the conflict around him briefly, then said to Beast, “Sorry, Hank, but I need my bow back.” Clint pulled two arrows from his quiver simultaneously and stabbed at Beast with them.(c) Heat and electricity coursed through Beast’s body, making his hair stand on end. Through strength of will alone, Beast still stood, holding Red Hawk’s bow.

Beast said:
"I know you won't believe this, Clint, but it really is good to see you," he said. "But I don't have time to chat."
Beast swung the bow at Clint, (d) but Clint agilely ducked under the attack.

Iron Man said:
"Far be it for me to disagree with a pretty lady. Say, what are you doing after all of these shenanigans? Care for a drink?"
Iron Man refocused his attention on Clint Barton, firing his repulsors twice.(e) Red Hawk appeared to be focusing on Beast and failed to react to the attack. The first repulsor knocked him to the ground and the second made certain he wasn’t getting up again.

(a) Cap’s attack all-out. Attack roll of 12 + 11 + 1 shield focus +5 all-out for a total of 28, hit. Damage save roll of 9 + 19 – 1 stun hit vs. damage DC of 31, one stun hit.

(b) Poison gas attack second Roll of 9 + 9 = 18 made it exactly. Able to act.

(c) Red Hawk quick draw rapid attack, all-out attack for 5. First Arrow (Paralyzer) Roll of 10 + 12 base +5 all-out -2 rapid for a total of 25, hitting. Damage save Roll of 6 + 15 for a total of 21 vs a DC of 23s, one stun hit. Will save Roll of 18 +5, saved. Second Arrow, (Stunner) Roll of 19 + 12 + 5 for all out attack -2 rapid for a total of 34, hitting. Damage save Roll of 4 + 15 for a total of 19 vs a DC of 23s, one stun hit. Fortitude save Roll of 15 + 5 for a total of 20 vs. a DC of 18, saved. Total = 2 stun hits only

(d) Beast’s attack roll of 9 + 9 base for a total of 18, missed.

(e) Iron Man’s attack (Rolls of 18 and 12 + 9 ranged attack -2 rapid +1 aerial +1 pbs for totals of 27 and 21, hitting twice. Damage save vs. 26s is a total of 22 and 14 (Villain point used on first attack), two stun hits and unconscious.

OOC: Summary Hp’s spent (Binary 5, Cap 2, Falcon 1, Iron Man 2, Wasp 3, Wonder man 2) Damage levels (Cap 3 lethal/2 stun stunned, Carol Danvers 2 lethal/2 stun, Beast 2 stun, Falcon 2 lethal hit/dying, Iron Man 2 lethal/1 stun , Wonder Man 6 stun, Wasp). And now . . . actions? Initiatives: (Falcon, Wasp, Red Hawk, Beast, Black Widow, Iron Man, <paused> Vision, Titanium Man, ‘Ultron’, Comrade Russia, Colossus, Sandman, Binary, Wonder Man, Cap, Darkstar, Crimson Dynamo). Also, Villain points used – 15 (Colossus 1s, Crimson Dynamo – drained, Darkstar 1L/3s unconscious, Comrade 2s, Red Hawk 2s unconscious, Titanium Man - drained).

OOC: GM backroom. Only Comrade Russia and Colossus are active (Oh, and Black Widow and Ultron [maybe], heh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads