• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Pact of the Blade weapon question

Illithidbix

Explorer
From the description on the "Your Pact Boon" sidebar on page 108... yeah I think it can be made of anything, providing it suits the flavour of the pact.

As for the *mechanical effect of being made of such materials... we'll currently they're a bit obsolete by the line:
You are proficient with it while you wield it. This weapon counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.

All the damage resistances and immunity that I've seen that are overcome by adamantine or silvered weaponry is also overcome by magical weaponry.
I even did a thread covering this here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...cations-of-non-magical-weapon-immunity-and-CR

The only circumstances where I can see it mattering is if the weapon ended up within an anti-magic field whilst fighting against monsters whose damage resistance/immunity could be overcome by silvered or adamantine weapons...

Cold Iron isn't AFAIK mechanically a thing in 5E.
Adamantine Weapons are... awkwardly missing in the PHB or DMG despite mentioned in the resistances/immunities of certain monsters. (Golems, Xorn, Helmed Horror and Gargoyle)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads