D&D 4E Paizo and 4e.

Vigilance

Explorer
DaveMage said:
Please, just put me on your ignore list.

Out of the top 40 threads on this page, I have posted in 7.

A) It isn't just you.

B) Only 1 thread out of 6 huh? Wow! You're right! You sure aren't making your way into EVERY thread!

C) Again, not directed at just you, but your comment was worth touching on, given that this is YET another time someone has asked you why you were in 4e threads all the time.

And the comment "well we want to make sure the designers know how we FEEL" was accomplished weeks ago.

I understood this reaction from people, rushing online to make sure they screamed to the heavens how they felt about this travesty 2 weeks after the announcement.

It's been what, 2 months now?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Vigilance said:
A) It isn't just you.

B) Only 1 thread out of 6 huh? Wow! You're right! You sure aren't making your way into EVERY thread!

C) Again, not directed at just you, but your comment was worth touching on, given that this is YET another time someone has asked you why you were in 4e threads all the time.

And the comment "well we want to make sure the designers know how we FEEL" was accomplished weeks ago.

I understood this reaction from people, rushing online to make sure they screamed to the heavens how they felt about this travesty 2 weeks after the announcement.

It's been what, 2 months now?

Ooookay....

I mean...

Indeed.

Twowolves

Explorer
Vigilance said:
And is there a reason you need to explain why every day?

In every 4e thread?

I seriously end up stopping to read most 4e threads after a couple of pages, because I see the same people expressing the same opinions, every day.

You don't want to upgrade.

I get it.

Really, I do.

I think a lot of the anti-4e posters are engaging in behavior that should not be allowed by the mods.

They come into threads that are happy and positive and steer them toward arguments every damn time.

If you guys are so adamant about not supporting 4e, is it not possible to let the rest of us enjoy the moment?

Any moment?

Chuck

This is funny, because I see the same exact behavior from the pro-4th ed guys, and not just in this forum but in the General Forum as well. Anything less than 100% agreement and/or fawning admiration for the changes being made draws some pretty snooty, elitist and unkind remarks.

If WotC came out and said the 4th ed core rulebooks were going to be printed on fruit roll-ups, there'd be 4 or 5 specific posters who would say things like "Finally!" or "We've been transcribing our rules onto fruit roll-ups for years now!" or "I for one welcome our new Fruity Masters!"

And don't forget, "If you don't like fruit roll-ups, then you just aren't the target audience for 4th ed. Adapt or perish!"

Kunimatyu

First Post
Hey, there's plenty of room for disagreement/discussion of upcoming 4e changes.

However, discussion of changes is NOT the same thing as harping on why you're staying with 3.5e. I don't like some of the changes (naming, too many elves, etc), but I'm not bringing the discussion back to 3.5 all the time.

Also, those who want the designers to know you still like 3.5, that's great -- come June '07, 4e is coming out, regardless of anything you say in the intervening time. Those are the facts, and WotC is far too committed to back out now, so 3.5 comments have ceased being productive contributions to the 4e forum.

Now, if you want to convince your favorite publisher to keep making 4e, great -- go to their forum and tell them that. Don't clog up the 4e forum with 3.5 grognardry.

Greylock

First Post
Twowolves said:
This is funny, because I see the same exact behavior from the pro-4th ed guys, and not just in this forum but in the General Forum as well. Anything less than 100% agreement and/or fawning admiration for the changes being made draws some pretty snooty, elitist and unkind remarks.

If WotC came out and said the 4th ed core rulebooks were going to be printed on fruit roll-ups, there'd be 4 or 5 specific posters who would say things like "Finally!" or "We've been transcribing our rules onto fruit roll-ups for years now!" or "I for one welcome our new Fruity Masters!"

And don't forget, "If you don't like fruit roll-ups, then you just aren't the target audience for 4th ed. Adapt or perish!"

You are my new hero. :eek:

Vigilance

Explorer
Twowolves said:

And if the same people were coming into 3.5 threads two months later, to bring up how inferior 3.5 is, because its on paper and not that awesome pressed fruit, I would support you in calling them out.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Twowolves said:

I have no problem with targeted criticisms of 4e. But if the sole purpose of your post is to proclaim that WotC "fired" you or that you won't buy 4e, then your post adds nothing of value to the discussion and is disruptive and disrespectful to the other posters.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Dragonblade said:
I have no problem with targeted criticisms of 4e. But if the sole purpose of your post is to proclaim that WotC "fired" you or that you won't buy 4e, then your post adds nothing of value to the discussion and is disruptive and disrespectful to the other posters.

Precisely. You would do everyone involved a service if you ceased to post in this manner, TW.

Remove ads