Paizo News: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Hits One Million Copies Sold

Owlcat Games just announced that its CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has reached a million copies sold over all of its platforms. Based on the Adventure Path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It launched in September of 2021 as a Kickstarter across a multitude of platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo...

Owlcat Games just announced that its CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has reached a million copies sold over all of its platforms.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Based on the Adventure Path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It launched in September of 2021 as a Kickstarter across a multitude of platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch).

To commemorate the milestone, the company announced a special sale on Steam and GOG until January 26, 2023. In addition, the first premium DLC will be available on February 28, 2023 for PC, Playstation 4, and XBox One. The DLC for Nintendo Switch will be available at a later date. This DLC will feature a new companion as well as a new playable class: the ever changing shifter.

Alexander Mishulin, the Creative Director at Owlcat Games states that reaching this milestone is an important sign that the company is developing in the right direction. The company will continue to add more content through premium and free DLCs.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

I was enjoying WoTR until I hit the second army battle thing and can’t seem to get past it and the individual portion is stuck until I get past that “road block” on the map. Both of the PF cRPG have been fun, owl cat did a great job on the games overall.
It may be that your army was too badly depleted on the first battle. The trick is to win the battles without loosing more forces than you can replace, so your army gets stronger each fight, rather than weaker. Assuming you don't want to go back to an earlier save, you can buy reinforcements each week, so just do "skip day" a few times. You can also recruit a general if you haven't already got one - some are a lot better than others! Irabeth will sell you some extra troops once if you haven't already done that.

Last edited:

Jharet

Explorer
WotR is great. Definitely stands up there with the great CRPGs of the past. I had to turn off the army management because I kept getting my butt kicked. If I decide to replay it afterward, I might try it with the armies again. It definitely adds some extra texture to the fantasy game.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
If you want a Pathfinder 1E computer game, there isn't anything better out there. It's funny because at higher power, I think this is sort of the way you would need to keep everything straight with Pathfinder! In turn-based mode it is a close as you ever will get to the game. It also has some great NPCs to it.

I don't want to say this is a light game, but there are a lot of things you can automate if you like, including the mass combat system. Set the difficulty low and enjoy. I am only working on my first run through of it, but people who have more free time and have played multiple times say that you can have a significantly different experience with different Mythic Paths.

And it has both the cutest most good character ever (Ember), an incredible redemption story (redacted) and a character who you'd think would also have a redemption arc that ... doesn't (despite being very helpful).

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
I don't want to say this is a light game, but there are a lot of things you can automate if you like, including the mass combat system. Set the difficulty low and enjoy. I am only working on my first run through of it, but people who have more free time and have played multiple times say that you can have a significantly different experience with different Mythic Paths.

And it has both the cutest most good character ever (Ember), an incredible redemption story (redacted) and a character who you'd think would also have a redemption arc that ... doesn't (despite being very helpful).

Confirmed, the different mythic path's add a lot of content, and if you like you can focus on specific party compositions and the game play is fresh each time with some mythic paths enabling whole different archetypes, or unlocking lots of things.

I unfortunately fall into a meta build pattern with games like this, but I've got a save file with a few 'just for fun' characters as well.

Regill is the only Gnome I've every liked as an NPC, in any game ever, and Ember must be saved and protected, each play through. :D

Scribe

Legend
ItisDone.JPG

I've finished the game a few times now, but had never gone through Ascension, and the very long process it takes, and all the reading to 'get' the full picture. So a few weeks ago now, I started again, on an Angel run with the goal of a particular romance and full party ascension, and complete companion quest lines.

Mission accomplished on all fronts but ONE. The Storyteller's Notes, bugged out on me and I missed 1 (ONE!!) over the entire run.

I cannot imagine any other game knocking this off the top of my CRPG list at this point. Yes there are some issues here or there, and some bugs still linger but wow do I ever enjoy this.

Even the campaign management, as you really just have to embrace that you are indeed holding the world together.

Its a dark world that we have in PF1, I kind of chuckle looking at current threads and this game (Flesh Market anyone?) as I wouldnt want a single bit of it to change.

Amazing game, amazing story, mechanically deep and at times a challenge even on 'core' rules.

Remove ads

Remove ads