D&D 5E Paizo's 'The Abomination Vaults' Pathinder AP Coming to 5E

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover. The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure. When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie...

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover.

The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure.

PZO2034.png

When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie landlocked lighthouse, glows with baleful light, the people of Otari know something terrible is beginning. Evil stirs in the depths of the Abomination Vaults, a sprawling dungeon where a wicked sorcerer attempted to raise an army of monsters hundreds of years ago. The town's newest heroes must venture into a sprawling dungeon filled with beasts and traps to prevent a spiteful spellcaster from rising again!

This complete compilation of the original Adventure Path campaign has been adapted to the newest version of the world’s oldest RPG. You’ve heard about the quality and depth of Pathfinder campaigns for years—now explore the Abomination Vaults yourself without having to learn a new game system!

Weiley31

Legend
Has many of the PF1 era APs been converted? Id be more interested in those.

Kingmaker 10th Anniversary had a conversion to 5th Edition project funded via GameOnTabletop. Currently slated for a release in September to backers.
About that: The Conversion that is being described is that it will be a whole separate Bestiary book that will contain 5E stats for all the monsters/npcs/whatever in the Kingmaker AP 10th Anniversary Edition. The actual book will still be strictly Pathfinder.

Weiley31

Legend
They (if they will ever release it) converted Kingmaker to hardback for PF2e (I believe) and they offered conversions for PF1e and 5e (though I THINK you had to get the kickstarter for those, and they won't be sold at retail, so kickstarter supporters only).
I was under the impression that the Conversion Bestiary book for 5E Kingmaker would still be sold separately to others ONCE all the backers got their stuff and what not.

Voadam

Legend
Has many of the PF1 era APs been converted? Id be more interested in those.
There is a fan conversion on this site of the first three Carrion Crown adventure path modules to 5e. I ran the first two and they are very good with some good added advice on making them work plot wise.

I am running a 5e conversion of Iron Gods and I have read a bunch of 5e conversion advice on the Paizo boards.

Retreater

Legend
Abomination Vaults reads much better than it plays, and it's better in theory than at the table.
The rooms are too tiny to use strategic movement. The encounters are so close together that it breaks believability that the monsters aren't killing each other or working together. There's next to no role-playing situations or motivation for the adventurers to go on the adventure. The layout is erroneous, having major issues with elevation between the levels.
There's serious metal fatigue in all the load-bearing members, the wiring is substandard, it's completely inadequate for our power needs, and the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Abomination Vaults reads much better than it plays, and it's better in theory than at the table.
The rooms are too tiny to use strategic movement. The encounters are so close together that it breaks believability that the monsters aren't killing each other or working together. There's next to no role-playing situations or motivation for the adventurers to go on the adventure. The layout is erroneous, having major issues with elevation between the levels.
There's serious metal fatigue in all the load-bearing members, the wiring is substandard, it's completely inadequate for our power needs, and the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone.

5th ed seems to use "run straight at it" just fine for a strategy.

Monsters in rooms never comign out is very mega dungeon/old school.

But have you tried the firemans pole?

Remove ads

Remove ads