• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paladin's mount NA

Kosh

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I don't know about DoF.

DoF has its errors... The Master of Shrouds has a section about Ghosts and Vampires that has been admitted to being from an archaic version...

Same deal with the Sacred Fist's spell progression... They have 0 and 5th level spells available, but can't cast them...

This is what I remember off the top of my head... And for all I know, there are more...

I take all the information in the splat books with a grain of salt... It the information is taken as is, it can lead to conflicts in the rules... Not to mention the overall power-level of the game being raised with every prestige class and feat that comes out (Shifter, +1 Spellcasting progression/level, etc.)...

Now to get back to the thread... I think the improvement to natural armor should in fact improve natural armor... It just seems logical to me... From both a rules standpoint, and from a roleplaying position...

coyote6

Adventurer
Artoomis said:
True. It looks like they can fly with 1/3 of what they can carry, so you could adjust from there.

FWIW, mounts can fly with up to light encumbrance (IIRC, that's a correction/errata/change to the DMG and/or MM; I think it was printed in DotF?); at the standard Str 18, a griffon's light encumbrance is 300. A Str 19 griffon could fly with up to 350 lbs, a Str 20 griffon with up to 400 lbs.

(You take the numbers from the Carrying Capacity table in the PHB, and multiply by 3 for a Large four-legged [more than two-legged?] creature. Technicially, those should be 348 and 399 lbs. I rounded off. :) ).

348 pounds, flying creatures shouldn't gain bonuses for having extra non-flying limbs.

And if they did, paladin/sorcs casting shared alter self would be forever giving their griffons extra legs :)

Remove ads