Paladin's mount NA

Kosh

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I don't know about DoF.

DoF has its errors... The Master of Shrouds has a section about Ghosts and Vampires that has been admitted to being from an archaic version...

Same deal with the Sacred Fist's spell progression... They have 0 and 5th level spells available, but can't cast them...

This is what I remember off the top of my head... And for all I know, there are more...

I take all the information in the splat books with a grain of salt... It the information is taken as is, it can lead to conflicts in the rules... Not to mention the overall power-level of the game being raised with every prestige class and feat that comes out (Shifter, +1 Spellcasting progression/level, etc.)...

Now to get back to the thread... I think the improvement to natural armor should in fact improve natural armor... It just seems logical to me... From both a rules standpoint, and from a roleplaying position...

coyote6

Adventurer
Artoomis said:
True. It looks like they can fly with 1/3 of what they can carry, so you could adjust from there.

FWIW, mounts can fly with up to light encumbrance (IIRC, that's a correction/errata/change to the DMG and/or MM; I think it was printed in DotF?); at the standard Str 18, a griffon's light encumbrance is 300. A Str 19 griffon could fly with up to 350 lbs, a Str 20 griffon with up to 400 lbs.

(You take the numbers from the Carrying Capacity table in the PHB, and multiply by 3 for a Large four-legged [more than two-legged?] creature. Technicially, those should be 348 and 399 lbs. I rounded off. :) ).

348 pounds, flying creatures shouldn't gain bonuses for having extra non-flying limbs.

And if they did, paladin/sorcs casting shared alter self would be forever giving their griffons extra legs :)

Remove ads