• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Palm OS] Looking for PDA Software

Figures, I finaly manage to get a PalmOS based PDA (fyi: Handheld computer) just in time to find out that the software I really wanted to get for it has entered the realm of Vaporware. Yup, the RPG Companion by RealmsCrafters is what I'm refering to.

Now I must find another 'good' character tracker for my Palm, and I turn to the accumulated knowledge of my fellow EN Boarders :p for any input or help in my quest. Do any of you know of any sofware worth even looking at? Or is it as I suspect, that I'll have to break down and try to write something truely horrible by myself?

Hatchling Dragon

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
If you have a high -res screen (e.g. Sony Clie) then you might find the spreadsheet downloadable from my web page below useful. It is an excel compatible spreadsheet which I view with TinySheet 4 on my Clie and it does a fairly good job of managing the character - the nice bit is automatically recalculating saves etc. as attributes change from magic (hooray!) or poison (boo!)

I was working on a character manager when Realmscrafters appeared, and since they were looking for beta testers (hah!) two and half years ago, I stopped my work. I eventually used a spreadsheet to tide me over, and I'm still there.

Cheers

(p.s. I have a nifty little jump calculator program on my site too - check the DC for any jump, or the distance travelled for any roll)

I'm not that lucky, I just have a Palm m105. 8 Megs of RAM and a 'standard' low-end monocrome 160x160 pixel display/screen.

Yah, Realmscrafters was the very software that was driving me to get a PDA. I finaly scrape together enough cash and rational for buying one only to find out they've gone the way of Vaporware.

Here's to the vain hope that the 'bug' will hit again and the project will be given new life. It's sounding like eTools won't be the holy grail of DnD-related software it once seemed to be. They appear to have too much on thier plate already without thinking about making a Palm OS character viewer.

Hatchling Dragon

[Edit: Just tried to get to your site via link, but 'file not found' error only.]

Last edited:

Remove ads