• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paridon Book II: A Taste For Power (IC)

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

Ru wrinkles his nose, then tilts his head to the side, cracking his neck. He sighed, looking to his colleagues.

"If I had any idea what sort of gastro-intestinal fortitude this day would call for, I think perhaps I'd have messengered in sick," he says with a sardonic half-grin.

With that, he ventures down the hall toward the Lord's lavatory.

kinem

Adventurer
Father Berman sighs deeply and gets up, following Ru down the hall.

"Hold on, Ru. Believe me, I hate to say this, but I should do it. My knowledge of medicine may come in ... handy. Though unfortunately, I have not prepared spells against disease today."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thoroughly embarassed by a show of weakness by the judge and especialy his failure to do it in private, barbarian shaman remains at the back. Just in case, he changes his presence aura to more useful senses.

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

Father Berman sighs deeply and gets up, following Ru down the hall.

"Hold on, Ru. Believe me, I hate to say this, but I should do it. My knowledge of medicine may come in ... handy. Though unfortunately, I have not prepared spells against disease today."

Ru bows his head and lets the priest move ahead of him, trying not to let his relief show too obviously.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Chapter 2: Boil

Fr. Berman takes the lead as the party heads forward into the hallway that Lord D'Marosso went. It is short, with no side passages, and enters into a magnificent bedchamber.

2304690665_d40203920b.jpg

Lord Gustav D'Marosso's bedchamber is well-appointed.

The room is large, but empty. No other passages lead to or from it. The leaded windows could not open far enough to admit someone of his girth. It is as if he stepped in, and disappeared.

Yet, Rhiannon notices something amiss in the symmetry of the walls. She looks over to where it is... a secret door? A hollow panel? She approaches, then stops, as she notices a small amount of blood oozing from where the wall reaches the floor.

Fr. Berman steels himself, approaches, and after a light rap on the wall is returned with no response, pushes open the secret door, revealing a commode beyond.

3252761023_1a10545677.jpg

Blood and bits of flesh coat the privy's walls and floor.

The room is caked with gore, bits dripping from the bowl, the walls, the ceiling. A ghastly stench greets everyone in a macabre welcome. One lump of flesh, two fat, ringed fingers on what was once Lord D'Marosso's hand, lie near the entry door. Worms can be seen writhing out of burrows in those fingers, and indeed, any part of the scene that is not liquid nor the procelain of the pot and walls, can be seem to squirm.

Camilla, standing in the far back, faints.

[sblock=credits]
Photos by WVJazzman and superbilly16v.
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Rhiannon covers her mouth and turns away, suppressing the urge to expel her breakfast this morning. She stepped back a moment, gagging outside the room where she waited a few moments before speaking.

"How often does this happen in this job...?"

Rhun

First Post
Skyler's face takes on a grim countenance, and a bit of color leaves his features. "How could this of happened?" he asks, turning to face the other constables that had been on the job longer than her. "It surely can't be poison...and no normal assassin could have done this. A demon then, or something beyond the ken of man?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads