• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Part 1: The Forgotten Forge (Knight Otu judging) [Concluded]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Some mysterious guy with a House Cannith symbol found Mordin randomly on the streets and you don't think they're spying on us?" Siobhan arches an eyebrow, "At the least, we must assume they know who all of us are. They knew who Mordin was, anyway. I agree that having Weapon would be a boon in case of a fight, but we need to keep the book somewhere safe, so that may be cause to leave the book with someone else."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon shrugs again. "I prefer simple solutions. Intricatices always fail on the field---the they were watching all of us, they could have followed the book and not the lone dwarf to the Watch. I would have. Simpler. Direct. *sigh* But, I was designed that way---a simple creature of battles. My time in Sharn has only taught me I was not designed for this world."

Velmont

First Post
"Maybe they have seen us all, maybe they havn't seen us take the book, and maybe there was only one spy and wanted more to know what Mordin would tell to the wtachmen, knowing he would join us... I am not great at intrigue either, and there is always too mucb maybe for me." Kharas take another sip in his mug. "And don't tell this, it takes all to make a world, and you know what they says. If you didn't exist, we should create you... I think someone in house Cannith took this words to the letter."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Indeed, I am happier out in the wilds with my brother than in a city like this...but while we are here, the best I can do is trust my instinct, and my instinct here is that we are being pulled into an elaborate intrigue. It may very well be the case that the Cannith proponents are not planning on attacking us, but it is best to be safe. If you like, I can be the one to guard the book."

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del

"I don' think it matters overmuch who has this blasted book." Mordin interrupted with a huff. The overweight dwarf settles into a dangerously creaky chair and blows through his beard. "First things first. They want to talk to us. We have a book with some sort of symbol on it that links it to Cannith."

He looks at each in turn before continuing.

"If they plan on killin' us and takin' the book, it dinna matter where we hide it. We'll be dead."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Not so. If they plan on killing us for the book when we present it and we don't have it on our persons, they will have no choice but to keep us alive at least long enough to retrieve the book for them."

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

"Or mebbe they'll kill all of us but one, and make him take them to th' book." Mordin shrugged. We could go around and around all night with this.

"I have a friend that could look after the book, if'n it's that important. He's one of those book-types. I'm thinkin', though, that we might as well show up at this place tomorrow with the book."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads