• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings

I don't think anyone has Precise Shot yet. Without it, if you're firing into melee it's a -4 to attacks.

And, yes, Blind Azathoth, if by Ravi's turn there are no targets left, I'll pause for you to amend Ravi's stated action. I normally try to pause even the middle of combat rounds if the battlemap has become so skewed as to render someone's stated action irrelevant or heavily ill-advised.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Wow, that was a pretty nice critical... why can't I roll that well with my own dice? :p

Is the group now moving to the burning table or the docks? Rainier headed for the table first, along with the Mayor and Hemlock, but Gron and Phythas have "followed" Rainier to the docks...

Blind Azathoth said:
Wow, that was a pretty nice critical... why can't I roll that well with my own dice? :p

Is the group now moving to the burning table or the docks? Rainier headed for the table first, along with the Mayor and Hemlock, but Gron and Phythas have "followed" Rainier to the docks...

Personally I'm just following Phythas blindly. Penn is still too busy thinking about that crossbow shot to be paying much attention to where he is going or what is actually happening.

Olaf the Stout

Insight

Adventurer
Blind Azathoth said:

Gron is headed to the docks. He doesn't care about the burning table.

Olaf the Stout said:
CB, just out of curiosity, why did Phythas get 2 attacks against the Goblin? AoO?
Penn and Phythas both got two attacks against the goblin. The second attacks were attacks of opportunity. These are demarcated as AoO in the sblocked "Die Rolls" section of my last post in the IC.

Basically, the goblin picked up a length of rope. I determined that the goblin's action was pretty much akin to picking a weapon up off the ground and therefore awarded an AoO to both Penn and Phythas.

CanadienneBacon said:
Penn and Phythas both got two attacks against the goblin. The second attacks were attacks of opportunity. These are demarcated as AoO in the sblocked "Die Rolls" section of my last post in the IC.

Basically, the goblin picked up a length of rope. I determined that the goblin's action was pretty much akin to picking a weapon up off the ground and therefore awarded an AoO to both Penn and Phythas.

Cool, I thought it was an AoO but I couldn't figure out why. I think I must have glossed over the bit where the Goblin picked up the rope. I just wanted to check in case there was something else I was missing.

My wife is going into hospital in just under 3 hours from now to be induced. I expect that I won't be around for a couple of days at least. Feel free to have me follow Phythas around and/or be in awe of Ravi and Rainier. Penn's happy to go along with whatever might have a bit of coin in it for him (he's a little short on funds at the moment).

Olaf the Stout

By now you're likely at the hospital with your wife while she delivers the baby. Being induced can be painful. I have prayed for you for a smooth delivery, a healthy baby, and that your wife comes through the delivery safely.

I'll look after Penn until you're feeling up to returning.

CB, the baby was delivered safe and sound (see my thread in the Off-Topic forum for pictures and more details). I'm not sure when I'll be back to running Penn as per normal though. I imagine that the next couple of days will still be pretty hectic.

Olaf the Stout

Congrats, Olaf and Mrs. Olaf. :) I posted about the baby pics in the off-topic thread. Thanks for sharing! Our baby, almost a year old now, is named Sophia. So, close to Sophie but not quite.

All: I've copied and pasted from the paizo.com blog a list of Golarian holy symbols into post #2 of this thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads