• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder STRATEGY GUIDE Preview

Paizo has posted a brief look at how the upcoming Pathfinder Strategy Guide helps players to build characters. It include a character theme quiz, then walks thorugh the selection of race, class, equipment, and specific combat tips. The book itself, a 160-page hardcover, is due out later this month and was written by Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, John Compton, Jessica Price, and Sean K Reynolds.

Paizo has posted a brief look at how the upcoming Pathfinder Strategy Guide helps players to build characters. It include a character theme quiz, then walks thorugh the selection of race, class, equipment, and specific combat tips. The book itself, a 160-page hardcover, is due out later this month and was written by Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, John Compton, Jessica Price, and Sean K Reynolds.
The rest of the preview can be found here.

PZO1128-Preview2-C.jpg

PZO1128-Preview2-A.jpg

PZO1128-Preview2-B.jpg

I had the pleasure of helping translate that thing, and after initial reservations I come to see it as an interesting book - for the right crowd. As was said above, it's a gateway from the beginners box to the "real stuff", and as such it funtions really well. There is a lot more in there than just the concepts, though they make up somewhere near half the book.
Even as an experienced player I found interesting bits all over the place.

But, as with every book out there: It's far from a must. Give it a look, see if you find it useful, then buy it.

Btw, there is not a single new rule in there as far as I could see, so I doubt this will sinf it's way into the PRD.

Remove ads

Remove ads