• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: Lord Noran's War (IC)

shadowmask

First Post
Nyrazha smiles with delight and satisfaction, only her eyes indicate her pleasure in the angel's response. "Have you decided a name for her, yet?"

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: We didn't hear from anyone in Vedlund this week. Let me know what's going on in the OOC thread.

Kae'Ari, Keefe, and Nyrazha on The Road North

Heavily forested, the road is little more than a widened trail, though the ruts from wagon wheels mark it as man-made. The horses make good time and the trio finds itself cresting a hill and gazing at the mountains by the end of the day. A logging camp can be seen ahead, perhaps another hour's ride, though the sun will have set by then.

Hrugnir, Ahote, Phai, and Shajrom, North of Vedlund

The odd group makes good time into the hills north of Vedlund, Hrugnir knowing the terrain well. By midday of the fourth day out, the group has come upon an encampment nestled in a small valley. Multiple campfires and a large tent lie scattered about the valley. Orcs...hundreds of them, are milling about, roasting meat, arguing, fighting, sleeping and a few patrolling the perimeter. The smell of the meat being roasted is foul and tainted.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Finally, we see our enemies." Shajrom seems to count the orcs, one by one. "A very prolific species. I don't see any pacific solution for this." Shajrom waits a bit more before continue speaking "I would like to see their leader, he must be in the big tent, if we have the opportunity to identify him, we could have him slain in the battlefield."

shadowmask

First Post
Nyrazha shifts in her saddle. The merchant said the knives were sent after me. She glances at Kae'ari briefly before returning her attention to the camp below. If only the angel had no wings. She glances at Keefe briefly. Or, if only Keefe could look less the regal Lyantaclis. She sighs softly thinking of her Azgundi clothing, dyes, and pigments in her pack. I can hide...but not with these two with me. Yet, without them, my mission is ended before it begins.

Aloud she says, "What shall we do? I do not relish a night spent in a logging camp."

ethandrew

First Post
Keefe frowns at their prospects, "Nor am I keen on sleeping in a rutt on the side of a foot-trodden path, but we must do what is necessary. We need to decide between the three of us if we want to announce who we are and where we're going to each town we stop by. Or do we keep a low profile and try to avoid detection?" He pauses, looking at Kae'ari, then down at her wings, and sighs, ”As much as we can.”

Lynx_The_one

First Post
"Stealth is not my Modus operandi, I do not sneak around in the dark, waiting for someone to look away and then stab them in the back" Kae'ari replies "If we must travel, I should travel through town, and announce myself, you may travel stealthy if you wish that."

shadowmask

First Post
Nyrazha shakes her head slightly at the description Kae-ari gives of those who exist or fight in shadows. She looks the angel over, "Your description indicates your disdain for those who work in shadows. Would you say I am deserving of your disdain, angel? There are many reasons to strike from darkness. In my land, a woman is not allowed to carry weapons or fight openly. She is left vulnerable or she must learn to use stealth and men's arrogance to protect herself."

I will lose much if I go this route, and I cannot go forward if I don't. She turns to Keefe. "Did you mean what you told my father in your city...that I will be well cared for on this mission?" Her eyes take on a piercing quality, as if she were trying to see into every thought and feeling. "I know you heard the horse merchant's warning. Did you mean what you said?" I cannot go unveiled if he is unwilling to affirm that promise.

She backs Zephyra away from the others slightly so she can see both of them. "I have something that may help us without compromising Kae'ari's honesty while keeping the two of us hidden from prying eyes. I will be honest. I am hesitant to use it, and if this is what we decide, we will not enter the camp until long after dark."

OOC: Making a sense motive check on Keefe... :confused: Evaluating his answer for honesty and any agenda that may be dangerous to her: 1d20+5=18. Hopefully, ethandrew, you'll roll low. ;)

ethandrew

First Post
Measure your words, measure them carefully, Keefe thinks the moment before answering. "Of course I meant what I said. To be blunt, your death would not serve me, but your life and skills are an asset. My uncle did not send you out here so that you can die, he has need of your father. So I meant what I said. Out here I will protect you," He looks to Kae'ari, "Both of you."

He pauses a moment, but continues before the others can get a word in, "And you should know, angel, that Lord Nolan and his allies will suspect my uncle to send a team of assassins. As you can see, he has not, he has sent us. But not everyone we meet will see it as such, hence my hesitation at announcing our presence."

OOC: Diplomacy Check for the statement to Nyrazha: 27
OOC: Bluff Check for the statement to Kae'ari: 21

Remove ads