• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

ethandrew

First Post
While a competent climber, Kael is not particularly enthusiastic about climbing down the rope at night, nor is he comfortable with the less than apt climbers to do the same. He sits himself on the ledge, so that his feet dangle over slightly.

"I think it be best if we wait for morning. The night is goblin's friend, our enemy. I do not want same fate as these now adults."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Ravine

OOC: I'll wait to move things forward until the group decides if they are actually climbing down tonight or making camp and going in the morning.

OOC: In answer to Arkhandus' question, Vardok can see a narrow ledge at the end of the old rope, about 50 feet down or so.

OOC: In answer to Atanatotatos' question, doesn't look that way. The most viable solution seems to be to tie the wolf into some sort of harness and lower it down with Delber and Vardok's ropes.

Rashana's knowledge of magical creatures fails her as she is unable to recall what sort of creature Merenita might be.

Yttermayn

First Post
"Sun and moon are irrelevant to me, as they are to anyone underground. What good is the sun when you are in a cave?" Merenita points out.

Atanatotatos

First Post
After a quick inspection of the surrounding, and taking a look down at the ravine, Athanil, though still wary of the strangers, decides to ask for their help.
I'd appreciate if you could help Ril climb down, he says, while streaking his wolf's hide on the neck I assure you he will be a great asset if battle ensues.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Delber will try and come up witha harness made of the 25 foot section and then tie on the 50 foot section of rope for the wolf.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“I agree, we should wait until dawn. This place is too dangerous for those of us not blessed with the ability to see in the dark. It won't help anyone, if we fall prey to the goblins as well.”

maddmic

Explorer
Darik had been mulling many things over in his head as the others spoke. He had assumed that the children were younger that they apparently were. It didn't matter though as they were still innocent and perhaps not as capable as some to protect themselves.

He didn't like the thought of not going into the ravine, but most of the others had good points with regard to the light problem. They had also got a late start to the day and would be tiring soon anyhow. He looked at the assembled group and spoke up.

"As much as I would love to go below and seek out the children who are lost, it would appear that light is not on our side. I do not wish to tarry any longer than we have to, but we have all been active today. Some of us have traveled many miles today. Perhaps it would be best if we all camped together tonight.

We could find out more about each other with regards to what we hope to accomplish here at this place as well as what each of us can offer to the completion of the task at hand. We should set up camp and decide upon watches prior to trying to get some restfull sleep tonight. I will volunteer for the final watch of the night as my eyes might be better suited for day break than dusk."

With that he sets forth trying to determine the best location for a camp relative to their immediate area. He will release his backpack when he finds a suitable place, fully expecting the others to follow suit.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I agree to the idea of starting at first light. Furthermore, I would like to take first watch and take it with someone who has no problem with the dark. I will need time in the morning to study my spell book, so I do not wish to incorporate the watch with that."

This is the first time he has enven hinted hinted at at any skills whatsover

OOC: forgive my bad typing at this time...i got the hiccups and it causees me to tyoe even funnier than normal

Max

First Post
"I can watch first with ya. Seeing in the dark is no problem. I'll need some time in the morning for my prayers to Kord, myself," says Kelset.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads