• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCs Still Kicking Puppies OOC [CLOSED, original players still welcome]

Telsar

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Note: I was also looking at the darkness domain... I figured this could help hide is hideous appearance. Your thoughts?

I think hiding your appearance is probably a good idea. The whole group (at least the old characters) has various ways they hide how evil they are, from covering evil brands with their clothing to acting like a ditzy innocent.

Sorry my fault, I got distracted, anyhow there was changes made in the book of friends to bring this class up to 3.5 paladin standards.

Unfortunately, I don't have the new Book of Fiends with the 3.5 updates. Anything from there that you think we should use with your character, you can tell me about here.

Sweet and will do, it's a nice 3 day weekend for us poor government employees, and I have a half day tomorrow. Also on top of it my wife works every day so I should be ready to role Monday and/or Tuesday. :)

Heh heh. Ready to role. Never heard that pun before. I like it. :)

Telsar

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Quick question, so I can start working on a character sheet (if I can't play, I can always use it for another game), how can I work the half-fiend, since they are ECL 4? WOTC's breakdown of the half-fiend is here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20031010a, have you any problems with it? I was thinking 1 level of half-fiend, 2 levels of Rogue (for HP and Skills) and alternating levels thereafter until I reach 4th level half-fiend.

I have no problems with it. I'm pretty sure that WOTC website rule is what Paxus used for his character. When I checked him over, I wasn't sure where he got the rules for it, until I did a google search and found the same link you did. :) As the site says, 1 level of half-fiend gives you:

Dex +2, natural armor +1, 2 claws (1D4), darkvision 60 ft., outsider type, and Darkness 3/day

Remember this 1 level is like a level adjustment, not a hit die. Therefore, for your feats, you count as 2 HD, and so only get 1 feat (for 1st level). You won't get your second feat until you have 3 hit dice. Of course, if the half of you that isn't a fiend is human, you get the bonus feat for that.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Telsar said:
I think hiding your appearance is probably a good idea. The whole group (at least the old characters) has various ways they hide how evil they are, from covering evil brands with their clothing to acting like a ditzy innocent.

Ditzy works, been there done that. ;) Cool, I'll go with that. :)

Telsar said:
Unfortunately, I don't have the new Book of Fiends with the 3.5 updates. Anything from there that you think we should use with your character, you can tell me about here.

Will do, I haven't looked for any major changes but the changes I was talking about are simply restructuring based upon how the paladin was changed from 3.0 to 3.5

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Telsar said:
But... it's better to get the characters done quickly, so we can start playing quickly. And you've had a couple months to have heard from the others, and you haven't, so waiting would be a mistake. I'll make up a new RG right now.

My character is pretty much ready to go. I bought a few items, but am waiting on the rest of his purchases. What about the items from the Arms & Equipment Guide?

Okay, here is a sketch of the character sheet:

Code:
T'aria
NE female half-fiend 1/Rogue 2
Height: 6'1
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Green cat's eyes
Skin: Tan with a *slight* reddish tint
Patron Diety: Olidammara

STR 10 +0 (2 PTS)
DEX 19 +4 (13 PTS, +2 RACE)
CON 12 +1 (4 PTS)
INT 12 +1 (4 PTS)
WIS 8  -1 (0 PTS)
CHA 13 +1 (5 PTS)
Saves: Fort +1 Ref +7 Will -1
Base Attack +1
HD: 2d6

Racial Abilities (1st level half-fiend):
Dex +2
Natural Armor +1
2 claws: 1d4+0(STR)
Darkvision 60 ft
Outsider subtype
Spell-like abilities: Darkness 3/day

Class Abilities (2nd level Rogue):
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Skill Points: 45

Character Level Abilities/Limits:
2 feats (1 racial, 1 level)
Skill Max ranks: Class 5 Cross-class 2.5
Current XP: 3,000
Needed for next level: 6,000

Anything I need to change or that I am missing? I don't want to arrange skills, feats, EQ and etc. until the new RG is up. I will also post revised history and character description then.

Telsar

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
My character is pretty much ready to go. I bought a few items, but am waiting on the rest of his purchases. What about the items from the Arms & Equipment Guide?

Arms and equipment should be OK. I have it, so I can read up on anything you get from there. 'Course, the DM always has the right to veto things.

When your character's done, you can put it, along with the background, in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

Telsar

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Anything I need to change or that I am missing? I don't want to arrange skills, feats, EQ and etc. until the new RG is up. I will also post revised history and character description then.

Everything looks good, except I total your skill points at 50. (8+1 Int) * 5 (for 2nd level), +5 for human. Unless you aren't half-human (you can be half-anything you'd like, but that will also affect your feats).

The RG thread is up and waiting for you.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Telsar said:
Arms and equipment should be OK. I have it, so I can read up on anything you get from there. 'Course, the DM always has the right to veto things.

When your character's done, you can put it, along with the background, in the Rogue's Gallery thread.

Done! After seeing how wicked Isida's creation is, I am thinking that mine might be a little outclassed. Hence, I am now ammending his background to be more of a fighter/barbarian leaning towards the art of decorating himself with the remnants of his adversaries. Not canibalistic........YET!!!

Remove ads