• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCs Still Kicking Puppies OOC [CLOSED, original players still welcome]

Telsar

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Done! After seeing how wicked Isida's creation is, I am thinking that mine might be a little outclassed. Hence, I am now ammending his background to be more of a fighter/barbarian leaning towards the art of decorating himself with the remnants of his adversaries. Not canibalistic........YET!!!

Not yet? What are you waiting for? These other PCs are surpassing you in wickedness. :)

Anyway, on to some seriousness. I found a number of corrections to make to your character sheet, I think. Here's what I found:

Under armor, you list your Dex Modifier as +3, when it should be +2. This will lower your full and touch AC.
Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe should be +7 to hit (+3 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Masterwork)
On skill points, I don't want to penalize characters for which class they take first. Therefore, counting Barbarian as 1st (even if it wasn't first by your background), gives you 4x4 (1st Brb) + 2 + 2 (1st-2nd Ftr) = 20 Skill Points. This is a house rule, and I said I wasn't using any other house rules, but players having weaker characters because of the order they take stuff just rubs me the wrong way.
And what does "ACP" stand for? (As in ACP: -4)

Telsar

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Maybe it is just because it is late, but I am not understanding how we are doing HP. I have 2d6+2, would that give me 11?

I'm not sure how the original characters did hit points. I asked, but haven't got a reply (the question was hidden amidst a bunch of other questions and comments, so it was my own fault). If any old players can tell us how they did them, the new players can do it that way too. Otherwise, we'll go with max at 1st level, 75% max for the levels after that (round .5 up). So 2D6+2 = 6(1st)+5(6x.75)+2= 13 hit points

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The last DM said "Take 3/4 each time." Any discrepancy is because some of us assumed that that meant take 3/4 for 1st, and others assumed it did not alter the basic rule that you get max hp for 1st level.

Telsar

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
The last DM said "Take 3/4 each time." Any discrepancy is because some of us assumed that that meant take 3/4 for 1st, and others assumed it did not alter the basic rule that you get max hp for 1st level.

Ah, I see. OK, everyone, HPs are like this then: Maximum for your largest Hit Die (again, I'm not penalizing you for which class you took first), then 3/4 times your Hit Die thereafter (so +3 per level for D4s, +5 per level for D6s, +6 per level for D8s, +8 per level for D10s, and +9 per level for D12s). This will result in generally high hit points, but I don't mind that. Evil needs an advantage or two :) If any old characters didn't do it this way (if you counted 3/4 for 1st), you can do it this way and probably get a few extra hit points.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Are there still slots open in this game? If so I'd love to join, if not, I'd love to be an alternate.

I was thinking of trying a Half Dragon2/Monk1 (Using template progression from WotC website). Or else maybe Psychic Warrior 1 (do you allow psionics?). I'd try being half obsidian dragon (psionic fire dragon, neutral evil).

Last edited:

Telsar

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Are there still slots open in this game? If so I'd love to join, if not, I'd love to be an alternate.

I was thinking of trying a Half Dragon2/Monk1 (Using template progression from WotC website). Or else maybe Psychic Warrior 1 (do you allow psionics?). I'd try being half obsidian dragon (psionic fire dragon, neutral evil).

There might be slots open and might not be. The original players still get first chance to get in, and I'd like to wait at least a day or 2 before deciding they aren't going to respond. Right now we have 2 original, with probably one more original player, 2 new players, with one more possible new player, and we want somewhere around 6-8 characters, so if you write up an interesting background, then you'll likely get in. Interesting backgrounds are the key thing I'm looking for here. Check out the old and new Rogue's Gallery threads to see how creative the players have been.

Psionics are fine if you have Expanded Psionics or if you download the new System Resource Document with 3.5 psionic rules. Half Dragon sounds alright, but if you take 2 levels in it, you'll probably have considerably less hit points, and lower base attack bonus and base saves, with just 1 hit die, than the rest of the characters. But, the ability modifiers (+4 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int) might make it worth it.

Telsar

First Post
I have some ideas on how to continue the plotline where it left off, introducing the new characters and writing out the old that aren't with us. Comments and/or further ideas are welcome.

When the original game left off, the characters were at a brothel looking for employment. Although Alev (Guilt Puppy) and Fabian (flyingricepaddy) mentioned it was a good idea to go, nothing in the in-character thread explicitly mentions that they did go, so I think we'll say they, along with Nyos (NeuroZombie), decided to stay behind at the inn (and will find evil things to do on their own). I pretty much have to say Dulanse (John E Smoke) and Sunedilar (Cepter) are with you, by what was mentioned in the thread, but I'll NPC them till I can get rid of them.

This was all done late at night, so we can introduce T'aria, saying she was sneaking around the city (doing whatever), happened to spot Gwyn, whom she knew well, and quietly followed you guys to see what you were up to. Brother Shatterstone's unholy warrior might be, um, negotiating with a client here, and hopefully he knows one of you so he can join up with you. Dulanse will get news that will make him want to leave town, and Sunedilar will decide to accompany him, to protect him. But not wanting to leave you in a lurch, he'll tell you of a friend of his here in this city, Aligor, someone he says you can trust, that you can get to strengthen the party.

How does all that sound so far? It will mean that Aligor will probably have to be introduced a little later than the other two, but having 3 new PCs all arrive at the same time from different places might stretch the suspension of disbelief a little too far.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Telsar said:
Not yet? What are you waiting for? These other PCs are surpassing you in wickedness. :)

Anyway, on to some seriousness. I found a number of corrections to make to your character sheet, I think. Here's what I found:

Under armor, you list your Dex Modifier as +3, when it should be +2. This will lower your full and touch AC.
Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe should be +7 to hit (+3 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Masterwork)
On skill points, I don't want to penalize characters for which class they take first. Therefore, counting Barbarian as 1st (even if it wasn't first by your background), gives you 4x4 (1st Brb) + 2 + 2 (1st-2nd Ftr) = 20 Skill Points. This is a house rule, and I said I wasn't using any other house rules, but players having weaker characters because of the order they take stuff just rubs me the wrong way.
And what does "ACP" stand for? (As in ACP: -4)

For Dex and MWDwarvenWaraxe, purely oversights. Thanks and I am editing them.

For Skills, THANKS!!! I could sure use some more points, and that would help out a bit. I will also edit his HP, as you also stated take the highest HD as first HD. (12+8+8+Con(9)=37!)

Seeing as he would have to talk with the others a little easier, he will spend skill points to learn Infernal. Is that 2 Skill Points used, as a cross class skill?

Telsar

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Seeing as he would have to talk with the others a little easier, he will spend skill points to learn Infernal. Is that 2 Skill Points used, as a cross class skill?

Right. Speak Language is only a class-based skill for Bards, so other classes spend 2 skill points per language.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads