Peregrinations of the Shard

Velmont

First Post
Thanks Trouvere, I've miss that it seems. :eek:

Ok, in that case, Detect Trap might come handy. A +4 to search, in case some traps have been laid around.

For Misdirection, that could be a good idea too.

For the steed, a Nondetection could be cast on it.

For the silence and invisibility, it is to cover the first miles, as we are not near the forest as we have travel a few miles I think before stoping out of sight of teh forest border.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: This is deep in the forest--you're definitely still in the forest when you stop for the night. Probably in a Rope Trick cast by Elektra

@Trouvere--good call. I didn't notice that he tried to slip in a Transmutation because I thought they were just starting Vanitri off with Silence at the beginning :lol: )

Velmont

First Post
No opinion? Let's repeat with the correction

The groupd wait the next day to send Vanitri.

Vanitri will have:
- Affected with the Status spell to know a minimum about him
- Affected with Imbue with Spell Ability to have the possibility to cast: Find Traps, Comprehend Language and Sanctuary
- Affected with a Nondetection (after the Status spell has been cast) so he can be hardly detected by spells (that include detect magic). Also affected by a Misdirection in case the Nondetection failed.

Vanitri will travel the first few minutes on a Phantom Steed that will be invisible, silenced, and Misdirection just as him, so he can cover as much distance as posisble in a quick moment without beeing detected. (As long as for the 7~8 first minutes he doesn't get too near a patrol, he should be fine)

Also, Rinaldo will lend his Hat of Disguise (so he can take the shape of an elven scout) and his Lady's Shoes (Dimension Door, 5/day, that can be really usefull)

Ironwolf's psicrystal will travel with Vanitri so we can keep in touch or it can report.

How does that sound?

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: I think its a good plan. I can't think of any more I'd add beyond if we have enough of today remaining we could ride all the way back to Medibaria and get a mirror for Scry.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Nothing really to add from my side. I would still prefer to send the crystal alone (some plausible deniability if it is found - if Vanitri gets caught decked out in spells and items, there's no way denying the rest of us aren't involved), but that doesn't seem likely to happen now.)

Patlin

Explorer
With 5 DDoors and telepathic contact within 1 mile, Vanitri ought to be able to make an attempt and get back to us safely.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanitri heads off into the shadows. While he is gone, some time later, they are approached by one of the elves from before.*

"Hail adventurers. Where is your last friend?" the elf asks.

Velmont

First Post
"He is gone back to Medibaria. He is one of the Freefolk and is a lot more use to travel then us. ALone, he will travel faster. We have given him a little magical help so he could be even faster. He has gone taken some official paper and we hope to then try to get the official permission to enter these woods.

I don't want war, war bring nothing good to no one. It bring blood, death, mourning..."
The lasts word had a sad tone. Rinaldo felt silent a moment, thinking of Joe's death that is coming. "I suppose I should not speak, you have your order and among them, not to listen to me. How can we help you, soldier?"

Remove ads