Persistent Spell Feat Question

Bobbystopholes

First Post
If a cleric has this feat, can he/she prepare a Peristent Divine Favor, Persistent Divine Power, and a Persistent Righteous Might? That would be so sweeeet. Who need fighter levels ;)

Gromm

First Post
Yep you got it. Thats why so many people have such a problem with clerics being too powerful.
Course one dispel magic later and you're wishing you had all those high level spells back... but still probably worth it most of the time.

Bobbystopholes

First Post
True, but you also gotta dispel a 17th level casters spells. The Persistent Righteous Might would be a 9th level slot. In a melee campaign, that would be an ungodly combo though.

Thanks for the fast response!

Bobbystopholes

First Post
As far as a lot of spells, my group has two clerics (one becoming an OotBI), a paladin, a wizard, and a barbarian. We got a lot of magic and it is good to have options to join the fray if need be :)

As with any combo, the right group or situation is imperative.

Gromm

First Post
At that level taking out your spells isn't all that big of a deal. Most foes can beat the DC pretty easily, but odds are they'll do something else to just outright kill or incapacitate you.
You'd be missing your level 9 spell when someone casts one at you. Most often its better to leave the fighting to the high level fighters (who probably have better gear/abilities for it anyway).

Crothian

First Post
Bobbystopholes said:
Like I said, I could use it if we are storming a Giant's stronghold, but wouldn't even think of it if we were storming a Wizard's tower ;)

Be careful, Hill Giants have a 17 charisma so they make great Sorcerers. :D

Gromm

First Post
In that instance, yes it would be a good idea, since the giants aren't likely to be very good spell casters if they have spells at all.
Then again against giants I've found anything with a Will save at that level wins the fight for you anyway since giants have the worst Will saves I've seen in a long time for as high a CR as they are.

Bobbystopholes

First Post
Then, for that instance, a few Heightened hold persons, suggestions from the Wizard, and spell focus Enchantment (along with a high wisdom) will shake them down pretty well ;) Of course, where's the fun in that! I wanna roll as well as role!

I guess I'm looking for fun combos that aren't insta-kills. With this attitude, I probably won't make it to level 17 ;)

Remove ads