Picard season 2 (spoilers maybe unmarked)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
What part of, Let's bring a Borg Queen back to 21st Century Earth, seems like a good idea?

None parts? Absolutely none of those parts?

Well, it had to be done by someone who had never met the Borg, right?

.....oh.....

MarkB

Legend
What part of, Let's bring a Borg Queen back to 21st Century Earth, seems like a good idea?

None parts? Absolutely none of those parts?

Well, it had to be done by someone who had never met the Borg, right?

.....oh.....
Better assimilated than racist fascist general, I guess.

Plus, y'know, it's Earth in the 2020s. "We will add your biological and technological- ew, actually I think I'll pass."

Snarf Zagyg

Better assimilated than racist fascist general, I guess.

Plus, y'know, it's Earth in the 2020s. "We will add your biological and technological- ew, actually I think I'll pass."

I dunno.

Just wait until the Borg get hold of our Mountain Dew.....

EXTREME BORG!!!!!!

Dire Bare

Legend
For those unaware the President of Earth was Stacey Abrams. She's a political activist and gubernatorial candidate for Georgia.
It's worth watching the after-show "The Ready Room" to see some of the cast and crew geek out over Abrams' cameo. I wasn't big into after-shows before, but Wil Wheaton has got me hooked on "The Ready Room"! Lots of fun conversations.

Snarf Zagyg

It's worth watching the after-show "The Ready Room" to see some of the cast and crew geek out over Abrams' cameo. I wasn't big into after-shows before, but Wil Wheaton has got me hooked on "The Ready Room"! Lots of fun conversations.

So ... I love the cool cameos that we get. And I truly loved the appearance by Stacey Abrams (that was awesome sauce).

However ... it did have a whiff of the Billions problem. Have you ever watched that show? They had this habit of showing how "real" the show was by having brief cameos by big-time Wall Street honchos, or billionaires, or occasionally athletes. And it was always jarring, because .... they can't act. As soon as you put one of them in a scene with real actors, across from Damian Lewis or Paul Giamatti, it was just so painful that they weren't actors.

Abrams wasn't bad in that sense. Obviously, to be a politician, you have to be a performer. But, IMO, she was also a little ... just a little ... off. Not enough that the cameo wasn't worth it (squee... totally was) but whenever something like that happens, it reminds you just how insanely talented the cast of almost any television show really is.

Remove ads