Picard season 2 (spoilers maybe unmarked)

S02E02 Well, ok, so for no reason we are now in the Dark Star Trek Universe...but not the Mirror Universe. So Picard, and, er, the people he knows that are "main characters" all wake up in the new reality. Anaica "Seven" is president? Er, sure, that makes no sense. And Picard is a "General". A General? He was still in DarkStarFleet, right? Er, so why was he not Admiral? And why is Picard a lowly General? Why not General Field Marshal? Executor? Strategos?

And they discover something in 2024 changed time? 2024? Woah, like just about our time? Oh, lets hope they don't do Trump Bashing. So no "in 2024 Ronald Trunk(wink wink) is 'elected ' president when his goons "steal the election" on January 16th(wink wink)..... Or as Steward has a lot of looney views, maybe he demanded a plot of "the world becomes evil because of Brexit". Maybe Nazis, like a Fourth or Fifth Riche?

The "easter eggs" of "the lazy writer picked some Star Trek names out of a hat" so Evil Picard killed a bunch of "cool" named people was just annoying. Just as they were known in one universe/timeline, does not make them known everywhere...it's just lazy fanservice.

The "ticking clock" of everyone wakes up on Death Day, where everyone has things to "do"....and they need to save the Queen. is a bit boring. Just listen to that clock tick!

And a cliffhanger....oh, no, I hope no main character dies!

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Stewart definitely has a tremor in hos voice these days.
I would say more than a tremor. A weariness I'd say. I thought it was just his character in Logan, but I started to notice it in most things lately. It's not the booming commanding voice he once had.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I would say more than a tremor. A weariness I'd say. I thought it was just his character in Logan, but I started to notice it in most things lately. It's not the booming commanding voice he once had.
That was one of the hardest things about watching Carrie Fisher in the sequel trilogy too - the aging voice.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
2024 is even out of his timeline. How could be a choice he made? Unless he forgot he traveled back in time and ran for president. Wait...that could explain the general honorific. It's a space force, not a navy.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
After all, have the alternate universes always existed in parallel or are they spawned, like a Loki Alt, whenever a different choice is made? if the Borg Queen can see the Alts, doesn't that mean that they effectively co-exist? Not sure how much this is a semantic argument, on my part.
Not having seen this I can't say if what sort of logic it is using BUT based on your notes here I was reminded of a next generation episode called Parallels (link Parallels (episode) )where it has Worf traveling between parallel worlds and the sci described in that is that each parallel universe is made from each distinct choice, making a separate universe where the other choice is made.

Same, but I'm a fan of time travel/alternate universes in star trek. We know event lead to in the mirror darkly universe, I'm wondering what changed caused this road.

Well, 2024 is too early for alien contact...Unless they change it and have some evil aliens. 2024 is also..oh look, that is when the Bell riots that "made the Federation"(From DS9: Past Tense).

But it has to be Picards fault somehow......so maybe Picard spooked Sammuel Clemins back in the 19th century to write "All Aliens are Evil and Kill them All!" Maybe someone in 2024 found Data's head?

2024 should be close to the start of Treks World War Three...humm, I've heard a lot of talk lately of World War Three.

Oh..oh...oh.....maybe it's the evil worm bug aliens from TNG Conspiracy!

Remove ads