Picard Season 3

Mort

Legend
Supporter
So it's (huge spoiler if you haven't seen episode 3)
changelings.

On the one hand, could provide for a great story, but on the other - I REALLY liked how that arc concluded and would rather leave it there.

Considering the kitchen sink they seem to be adopting for this season, gotta wonder if it's THE villain or just A villain with more to follow.

Edit: took out unnecessary snark.

Last edited:

So it's (huge spoiler if you haven't seen episode 3)
changelings.

On the one hand, could provide for a great story, but on the other - I REALLY liked how that arc concluded and would rather leave it there.

Considering the kitchen sink they seem to be adopting for this season, gotta wonder if it's THE villain or just A villain with more to follow.

Edit: took out unnecessary snark.
While I agree that the spoiler-warned subject was well wrapped, and share your concern that it will be trotted out just to be a minor element, it is nice to have something that important get acknowledged outside of its show of origin. Letting things get too nicely wrapped with a bow and never mentioned again can also undermine their narrative weight

There's a rumor that the in-development-hell Section 31 show has been axed and that it is being replaced with a "Worf and Raffi do black opps stuff" show. I'm a bit doubtful (though I think there's a lot of potential there, more than a section 31 show), but if that is the case, it might be that that is the show that is actually going to be dealing with the ramifications of the subject in question.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
While I agree that the spoiler-warned subject was well wrapped, and share your concern that it will be trotted out just to be a minor element, it is nice to have something that important get acknowledged outside of its show of origin. Letting things get too nicely wrapped with a bow and never mentioned again can also undermine their narrative weight

There's a rumor that the in-development-hell Section 31 show has been axed and that it is being replaced with a "Worf and Raffi do black opps stuff" show. I'm a bit doubtful (though I think there's a lot of potential there, more than a section 31 show), but if that is the case, it might be that that is the show that is actually going to be dealing with the ramifications of the subject in question.

Interesting, I never liked Section 31 (the whole concept is completely against what Star Trek is, IMO).

I like the concept of a Worf headed show, but also realize that TOO MUCH Worf could get old fast.

Last edited:

Jasperak

Adventurer
Interesting, I never liked Section 31 (the whole concept is completely against what Star Trek is, IMO).

I like the concept of a Worf headed show, but also realize that TOO MUCH Worf could get old fast.
TNG and DS9 Worf = Drizzt

It's only my opinion, but I think the Emo-character as an outsider to society is way too old and stale. It's not that this trope shouldn't exist, but at this point, I would prefer something a little new. My least favorite shows of all the Star Trek series are the ones that explore Worf's problems with being a half-breed. I'm tired of predicting the dramatic beats. Give me a Worf who is confident in himself, and I'm much more likely to enjoy the show. Emo Worf can't carry a show let alone a series.

Haplo781

Legend
I hate hate hate the writing on this show. It's just so painfully bad.

Actors are great, show looks amazing. Plot and dialogue are a dumpster fire.

Ryujin

Legend
TNG and DS9 Worf = Drizzt

It's only my opinion, but I think the Emo-character as an outsider to society is way too old and stale. It's not that this trope shouldn't exist, but at this point, I would prefer something a little new. My least favorite shows of all the Star Trek series are the ones that explore Worf's problems with being a half-breed. I'm tired of predicting the dramatic beats. Give me a Worf who is confident in himself, and I'm much more likely to enjoy the show. Emo Worf can't carry a show let alone a series.
My Pedantic Comment of the Day: not a half breed, but rather a full-blooded Klingon who was raised by humans.

At least the "bad guys" do make sense.....

Why are they setting up the Riker vs Picard thing? Why is Picard so SET on being a murderhobo?

I'm not so impressed with the portals. They are Super Slow. The Titan heads in a direction. Zoop, they slowly open a portal. The Titan continues to move towards the huge portal and falls into it....and someone on the bridge says "we are caught". Er, but why did they move towards it? Why no evasive maneuvers?

Same with the portal torpedoes....they slowly move towards the Titan. Why no no evasive maneuvers? Or like phaser them?

It's just a guess.....think they stole Lore and Morarity from Daystrom? Think maybe Damon Bok will show up....again? Sela? A clone of the clone of Shinzon?

Haplo781

Legend
At least the "bad guys" do make sense.....

Why are they setting up the Riker vs Picard thing? Why is Picard so SET on being a murderhobo?

I'm not so impressed with the portals. They are Super Slow. The Titan heads in a direction. Zoop, they slowly open a portal. The Titan continues to move towards the huge portal and falls into it....and someone on the bridge says "we are caught". Er, but why did they move towards it? Why no evasive maneuvers?

Same with the portal torpedoes....they slowly move towards the Titan. Why no no evasive maneuvers? Or like phaser them?

It's just a guess.....think they stole Lore and Morarity from Daystrom? Think maybe Damon Bok will show up....again? Sela? A clone of the clone of Shinzon?
That's exactly what they stole. Because why bother with unstoppable portals that can kill thousands of people instantly when you can wield the power of nostalgia?

Stalker0

Legend
Feels like we should put a spoiler tag in the header just to keep the discussion flowing, but I'll stick with spoiler tags for now.

So one of the interesting side notes about the Picard and Beverly thing that has nothing to do with the show, but its fun to think about the universe of Star Trek. Beverly was about 51 during the event of Star Trek Insurrection, so rough time line would have had Jack when she was....53-55ish probably. Considering how old Picard was as well, that's a heck of a Geriatric pregnancy!

It actually speaks to the question of whether menopause is even a thing at that point in time, or do human women use procedures to maintain fertility?

I mention the birthcontrol aspect before, and I still say that seems strange that birthcontrol is still so fallible that Beverely just "got" pregnant, again especially at her age. Hehe, perhaps they thought it wasn't possible so they didn't bother with it. I still imagine that at this point, considering the ease at which they do other surgery, that men would basically have vasectomies as a matter of course, and you simply wouldn't "turn on the facet" until your ready for a kid, especially someone like Picard who never had any desire to start a family at that point....he definitely wouldn't want any slipups. Ultimately its a weak plot point but its not "insane", and we can mostly forgive and move on.

Remove ads