Picard Season 3

332466302_1520048998516295_7601020926359222967_n.jpg

Stalker0

Legend
Why is it that they nearly always make other Captains complete jerks? You'd think Starfleet would be full of smart, open-minded explorers, but nope. If they're not "our" Captain, they're a loser.

Hopefully they will give him some time to redeem himself, in particular in that I suspect a Star Trek Titan spin-off is in the works (though they will probably replace the captain with one or another much-loved character first!)

We shall see.
I can respect his grumpiness to Riker. He doesn’t like Rikers style, doesn’t like the legacy he left on “his ship”. And now his ship is being pulled away for some bs PR stunt (according to the cover story). So I can understand that dynamic.

But to ADMIRAL Picard, oh hell no. Retired or not, any captain that gives half a damn about their career is going to give an admiral all the courtesy they can muster. Admirals have friends in high places, a few comm calls and suddenly this captain is transferred to some do nothing station in the middle of nowhere.

He might still have told Picard no, but he should have been much more diplomatic about it.

Stalker0

Legend
Yeah thinking about it, if you haven’t seen seasons 1 and 2 probably the only things you would really miss on:

1) Laris: you can tell her and Picard have a “thing” but probably not the extent. Also why there would be Romulans on earth.

2) when seven talks about the rangers. Her being in Starfleet after voyager just makes sense, so no one would likely question that. But the ranger thing would be a question mark.

But I feel like everything else so far is pretty self explanatory. We will see how well that holds up as the show continues, but I imagine people could jump in on season 3 and have enough info to enjoy the ride

I can respect his grumpiness to Riker. He doesn’t like Rikers style, doesn’t like the legacy he left on “his ship”. And now his ship is being pulled away for some bs PR stunt (according to the cover story). So I can understand that dynamic.

But to ADMIRAL Picard, oh hell no. Retired or not, any captain that gives half a damn about their career is going to give an admiral all the courtesy they can muster. Admirals have friends in high places, a few comm calls and suddenly this captain is transferred to some do nothing station in the middle of nowhere.

He might still have told Picard no, but he should have been much more diplomatic about it.
Retired admiral Captian grumpy put a very heavy emphasis on the retired part every time he said it.

But yeah you're right he could have been a bit nicer.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Retired admiral Captian grumpy put a very heavy emphasis on the retired part every time he said it.

But yeah you're right he could have been a bit nicer.

If the captain had been that rude to basically just about ANY other admiral, retired or not (especially after the bunk bed stunt) he probably would have found transfer orders to be the new head of Starbase 80.

On a different note, I'm getting tired of this show constantly resetting everyone's state to one of absolute misery. The writers can't seem to let any character be happy for even a short length of time before making them miserable again. Every major character (except possibly Picard) is back to miserable - it's irritating.

MarkB

Legend
If the captain had been that rude to basically just about ANY other admiral, retired or not (especially after the bunk bed stunt) he probably would have found transfer orders to be the new head of Starbase 80.
I was only surprised it was a room. I was expecting it to be bunk beds in a corridor, Lower Decks style.
On a different note, I'm getting tired of this show constantly resetting everyone's state to one of absolute misery. The writers can't seem to let any character be happy for even a short length of time before making them miserable again. Every major character (except possibly Picard) is back to miserable - it's irritating.
Everyone? The only characters from last season that we've seen are Picard, Laris, Seven and Raffi, and Picard and Laris are just fine.

Every major character (except possibly Picard) is back to miserable - it's irritating.
???

Only Raffi is even arguably "miserable", and that, I will say, appears to be Raffi's default state of existence since she was introduced. She's like a weird anti-Mary-Sue, in that she's been inserted among all these better-known characters (and kind of works largely because the actor is good), but like, nobody likes her much, not even herself, she's actively self-sabotaging in her behaviour, and she's kind of an impulsive misanthrope with addiction issues. It seems like a lot of (no doubt free and available) therapy would help her but her misanthropy and self-hate have stopped her getting it. I don't remember if we know anything about her parents but good god a lot of this must be on them.

Seven is dealing with some stuff but she doesn't seem miserable. Let alone in a state of "absolute misery", which is quite a high bar. I mean, jeez, if what Seven is dealing with is "absolute misery", god knows how we describe most people in the world's lives (even in the West).

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I was only surprised it was a room. I was expecting it to be bunk beds in a corridor, Lower Decks style.

Everyone? The only characters from last season that we've seen are Picard, Laris, Seven and Raffi, and Picard and Laris are just fine.
Wasn't counting Laris as major.

We've seen Riker, Seven, Raffi and Picard. All but Picard are miserable (listen to the stuff Riker says when he's not kidding around). And Beverly will probably be a major character, she seems miserable too.

It's a lot.

Remove ads