Picard Season 3

Why is it that they nearly always make other Captains complete jerks? You'd think Starfleet would be full of smart, open-minded explorers, but nope. If they're not "our" Captain, they're a loser.
Obviously it's because the episode features Admiral Picard. Having a competent and non-evil admiral is such a breach of Star Trek protocol that they need an awful captain to bring order to the franchise.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
Yeah, or incompetent fools like poor Alan Ruck of the Enterprise B in Generations.
Oh, don't get me started! I feel like that particular Captain was a consensus pick by Starfleet Admiralty, as in nobody could agree on the Captain they wanted, and Captain Harriman (Ruck) was the one Captain they all disliked the least.

In my defense, I've never seen Memory Alpha so I don't know how the character of Harriman turned out.

MarkB

Legend
Oh, don't get me started! I feel like that particular Captain was a consensus pick by Starfleet Admiralty, as in nobody could agree on the Captain they wanted, and Captain Harriman (Ruck) was the one Captain they all disliked the least.

In my defense, I've never seen Memory Alpha so I don't know how the character of Harriman turned out.
Or he was the only one they could get on short notice. The Enterprise-B in Generations is pretty much the equivalent of the software project that's shipped buggy and incomplete to meet a publication deadline, with the intention that they'll patch it later.

I think you'd find much more about Memory Alpha - it "only" collects canon information and behind the scenes stuff, and his story wasn't expanded on in canon, AFAIK. Memory Beta might have something on him.

Or he was the only one they could get on short notice. The Enterprise-B in Generations is pretty much the equivalent of the software project that's shipped buggy and incomplete to meet a publication deadline, with the intention that they'll patch it later.
It would have been fine if the test drive had taken place on Tuesday instead of whatever day it was.

EDIT: turns out the fans just wanted an 8th season of TNG

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain

In canon no idea. According to the novels and such:

Remove ads