Piratecat's "TimeWatch" kickstarter is 1090% funded and mentioned on Boing Boing. Woot!

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Kevin has given so much time and effort to the community here over the years, and has such a good name with the gaming products he's released, that if tomorrow we saw the headline:

Kevin Kulp punches Easter Bunny

we'd probably all say, "Hope Kev didn't get hurt! What was the Easter Bunny up to?" ;)

No, we would say, "Where's the bloody story hour update, Piratecat?"

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I think the correct phrase here is "humbled."

I spent the day stressing that we'd hit a slump. Then I put down my phone and went to go play D&D for three hours (hobgoblin perdition! A half-mile-high sword of the hobgoblin God! Chains forged from souls!). When I came back, we had something like 30 new people and had hit another stretch goal. I'm officially not going to fret about it any more. People will tell other people what they love best about the game, word will spread, and I'll just grin and be grateful.

And dang, we're sure steaming towards those hardcovers.

Roland55

First Post
You're far too modest.

I would have jumped on this one if I had never read anything Kevin Kulp or PirateCat had ever written.

The concept is interesting and the presentation is solid.

I'd also say you're getting a lot of free PR -- I did not discover this KS in the usual way (by finding it here). It was posted on a board at one of the agencies I frequent.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The addition of the Tourist stuff is just the best. Very happy about that.

Could I suggest more bestiaries and pre-gen historical NPCs for future goals, either between these two covers, or as some sort of supplement? The day will come when we'll want to have stats for many of the Roman emperors, William Shakespeare, Queen Hatshepsut and the primordial civilizations who lived on the Earth during the pre-Cambrian era.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Could I suggest more bestiaries and pre-gen historical NPCs for future goals, either between these two covers, or as some sort of supplement? The day will come when we'll want to have stats for many of the Roman emperors, William Shakespeare, Queen Hatshepsut and the primordial civilizations who lived on the Earth during the pre-Cambrian era.

Excellent ideas! I'm updating my stretch goal list now. These go on it.

And yeah, HARDCOVERS! Whooo!

Matchstick

Adventurer
The hardcovers and the crossovers with other GUMSHOE games are the two things I was really looking forward to. Looks good for both! The "bestiary" is a great idea as well!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looks like it's settled into the "leisurely" pace of breaking one stretch goal a day. :)

It'll enter the long, flattish middle period for a while soon, and climb up slower, and then the last few days will look like the first few did.

Remove ads