D&D 5E Planescape 5e - everything we know & some speculation

I read jabberwocky in Italian and it just used vorpal. Additionally there new words ( mostly tech related) that are not translated, they are just used as is (at least that is the case in Japanese).

I see this the same way. No need to translate it, just use Factol.
Ask a Japanese speaker to explain it to you. You can, of cause, find Google translate versions in any language that do not change the nonsense words. But that doesn't mean it makes sense to a speaker of that language.

Last edited:

Love that old MM.

But now I'm picturing him saying in Peter Quill voice: "You may have heard of me. I'm Cat Lord man. You know, father of Kittenlord?"
I bought the MM2 in a chain bookstore here in Canada in 1983. I had just been introduced to D&D in the fall of 1982 (there was a D&D club at school). This was my second ever D&D purchase... the first being the Moldvay Basic set. I still remember seeing the cover of MMII for the first time on the shelf... 'WTF is THAT???'

1687529734548.png

Attachments

• 1687529728168.png
    1687529728168.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 51

I want to know if we are going to see new PC species: the glitchlings, the bariaur, planar dragonborn or new genasi subraces, and the return of the planar dragons.
In case anyone is curious, here is a list from Wikipedia on the number of Planar Dragons from 3e.

Planar dragons inhabit the outer planes. These include:
  • Shadow dragons which inhabit the Shadow Material Plane.
  • Adamantite dragons which reside in the Twin Paradises of Bytopia.
  • Arboreal dragons which reside in the Olympian Glades of Arborea.
  • Astral dragons, ectoplasmic dragons, and kodragons which reside in the Astral Plane.
  • Arboreal dragons which reside in the Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus.
  • Battle dragons which reside in the Heroic Domains of Ysgard.
  • Beast dragons which reside in the Wilderness of the Beastlands.
  • Chaos dragons which reside in the Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo.
  • Chole dragons which reside in the Infinite Layers of the Abyss.
  • Concordant dragons which reside in the Outlands.
  • Elysian dragons which reside in the Blessed Fields of Elysium.
  • Ethereal dragons which reside in the Ethereal Plane.
  • Gloom dragons which reside in the Gray Waste of Hades.
  • Howling dragons which reside in the Windswept Depths of Pandemonium.
  • Oceanus dragons which reside in the Upper Planes
  • Pyroclastic dragons which reside in the Bleak Eternity of Gehenna.
  • Radiant dragons which reside in the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia.
  • Rust dragons which reside in the Infernal Battlefield of Acheron.
  • Styx dragons which reside in the Lower Planes.
  • Tarterian dragons which reside in the Tarterian Depths of Carceri.
  • Hellfire Wyrms which reside in The Nine Hells of Baator.
Does Mechanus have it's own planar dragon? ;) Or is it sharing the Arboreal Dragon with Arborea? 😋

In Mechanus they are the axial dragons.

1432552302264.png

The Elysian dragons are so...

Elysian.jpg

Infernal/Lower dragonborns would perfect for Ravenloft (howling, hellfire, styx, pyroclastic, rust, Tarterian, gloom, chole).

Concordant dragons should appear in the book, because they live in the Outlands. And why not concordant dragonborns?

I miss the paraelementals (ice, clay, magma, smoke..)

Para-genasi-- Children of the Cosmos: 8 New Planetouched Races. Dragon Magazine 297, pg. 62-66. This issue contained 6 different kinds of Para-Genasi- Dust (Earth/Air), Ice (Air/Water), Magma (Earth/Fire), Ooze (Earth/Water), Smoke (Air/Fire) and Steam (Fire/Water). For 2e.

Genasi (Variant) by Okra the Bugbear Has both 5e versions of the Para- and Quasi-Elemental Genasi

Quickleaf

Legend
I bought the MM2 in a chain bookstore here in Canada in 1983. I had just been introduced to D&D in the fall of 1982 (there was a D&D club at school). This was my second ever D&D purchase... the first being the Moldvay Basic set. I still remember seeing the cover of MMII for the first time on the shelf... 'WTF is THAT???'

View attachment 288554
Nice. Yeah, some of the first D&D books I was gifted by an older gamer were Throne of Bloodstone and the Monster Manual II. Love those books.

Remove ads