D&D 5E Planescape, Bigby, Phandelver and the Deck of Many Things: Covers & Details Revealed!

See the covers of all the upcoming releases!

The covers of the upcoming D&D books — including Planescape, Glory of the Giants, and the Deck of Many Things have been revealed.

• August 15th -- Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants ($59.95)
  • August 15th -- The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons ($39.95)
  • September 19th -- Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk ($59.95)
  • October 16th -- Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse ($TBA)
  • November 14th -- Book of Many Things ($TBA)

IMG_9191.jpeg

bigby.jpeg

Coming August 15th with two variants. Lore about giants, 76 stat blocks, feats, and a giant subclass.

IMG_9192.jpeg

3 hardcovers in a boxed set-- 96 page guide to Sigil, 64-page bestiary, and 96-page adventure, along with a poster map and DM screen. Coming October 16th.

IMG_9193.jpeg

224-page adventure for levels 1-12, poster map, 16 new monsters. Coming September 19th.

IMG_9194.jpeg

66 illustrated cards, 192-page book with lore, character options, magic items, and monsters, 80-page card reference guide, all in a slipcase. Coming November 14th.​

same there, the problem is I do not like human.
They a lot of options beyond human!
well, they have not imagined whatever fits me.
Who is they? More importantly - what fits you. What are you looking for?

I have played D&D with PCs as: lizardfolk, elf, dragons, yuan-ti, giants, unicorns, half kings, and humans, In addition, my DM has allowed us to pick any sentient creature in the monster manual as our race. So, really we just need to know what you want to make it happen.

yeah that's the problem I vaguely like the magic mystical option who are not elves nor elves with the serial number filed off so zero options.
You going to have to be more clear. From my perspective there are tons of choices that fit that requirement, but clearly you don’t think so. What to you is an elf with the serial numbers filed off?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yeah, it's basically 3-6 gimmicks and a description.
And with 3 billion such gimmicks out there in 5e, it would be pretty easy to go though it and make a list of gimmicks you like and a list of gimmicks you almost like. Then tweak the ones you almost like so that you like them and go through both lists, picking out 3-6 that are roughly equal to the existing races. One you do that, you come up with a visual that you like and some lore for the race.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Have you imagined it? It's not all that hard to make a race.
making for others is easy but for myself I will accept nothing but something that perfectly fits which is hard as I hate anything I make.
They a lot of options beyond human!

Who is they? More importantly - what fits you. What are you looking for?

I have played D&D with PCs as: lizardfolk, elf, dragons, yuan-ti, giants, unicorns, half kings, and humans, In addition, my DM has allowed us to pick any sentient creature in the monster manual as our race. So, really we just need to know what you want to make it happen.
lot of options does not mean they fit.

they is generic the miscellaneous creators of every setting I have heard of and grasp the races from.

it is hard I can't seems to find my axioms to craft it under and even therapy can't seem to find what makes me tick.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
making for others is easy but for myself I will accept nothing but something that perfectly fits which is hard as I hate anything I make.
Then I don't know what to tell you. If you...

1. Don't like anything that has been made.
2. Don't like anything you can make.
3. Don't really know what you want(which is implied by hating anything that you make for yourself).

...then you either have to suck it up and play something that you don't like because you enjoy the rest of the game and/or socializing with friends, or play something else. I really don't see how the issue can be resolved unless you get really, really lucky with some future race that WotC or a 3rd party puts out.

Incenjucar

Legend

they is generic the miscellaneous creators of every setting I have heard of and grasp the races from.

it is hard I can't seems to find my axioms to craft it under and even therapy can't seem to find what makes me tick.
That's a bit beyond the scope of the game. RPGs can have therapeutic value, but by default it's just a fun game of mashing action figures together, so you generally just want to find a shiny action figure with some fun accessories and get smashing.

Perfectly fits is an unrealistic standard and really has nothing to do with 5e which is where this conversation started
Sure, but we can’t know what fits you
Ok, but there is a lot you haven’t seen to I’m sure. However, your first statement above suggest you might have unrealistic goals.
To be honest, you don’t need to know what make you tick to play an RPG. Try out different things and see if anything works.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
For anyone interested in tinkering with designing a Species, or analyzing proposed options, the following work has reverse engineered the mathematical value of every Race and Feat option from the '14 PHB through to and including Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, worth a read:

Remove ads

Remove ads