Planescape - Divided We Stand • Chapter 1: The Drawing of the Five

Shayuri

First Post
Etrigan clapped his hands together for Khalil and cried, "Well done! Top notch performance. I knew you had it in you!"

He looked around. "Now, I suggest we find another way out before this entire place goes. Whatever magic is keeping those brains alive seems to be fading, and with them, the place itself!"

(OOC - which room are we in, on the map?)

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Scurrying along behind, Pinder and Sessay hopped across the rapidly crumbling bridge Khalil had made.

[sblock=map]
RFtSP.png
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Khalil cocks an eyebrow at Etrigan. "I appreciate the vote of confidence," he says drily. He looks around at the plaster walls, spirits falling a little. "At least this room seems stable, but what now? I don't see any other exits. It appears we'll have to go back the way we came - in which case, might I suggest a group effort next time?"

Baronsquee

First Post
Vorrin regards Khalil levelly for a moment, looking him up and down slowly before shrugging.

"Your point is valid, and noted. And your natural chaos-shaping ability is surprising and impressive. However, if the structure begins to collapse around us again, I would strongly advise you to make for the nearest solid ground as fast as you can, and worry about the rest of us later."

Vorrin glances at the glowing brain above. Satisfied that it appears stable, he addresses the group once again.

"The chaos that is consuming this place is the natural state of this plane. There is no way to permanently halt it. However, if we all work together we should be able to create safe passage through to one of the other doors. Perhaps if we were to decide now where to go next, then all imagine together a safe and solid path, we will stand a better chance.
"Does anyone have a preference for where to go next? Or should we question this brain further?"

Antithetist

First Post
Khalil gives a measured nod, pleasantly surprised by Vorrin's show of civility and seeing the good sense of his advice.

"Well unless this one knows something about a way out," he says with a nod towards the brain, "then our destination must lie elsewhere, and it seems unwise to tarry. We should try another door."

OOC: Voting we try the west door from the central chamber - that way we can pick up Feleghost on our way, if any of us remember he's around. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
"I wonder," Etrigan mused. "This dissolution may offer us an opportunity as much as an inconvenience. Vorrin, what do you think? What if we created, instead of a floor, some kind of moving conveyance, suited to cross over and through the empty areas? Then we'd just need to concentrate on one thing, which seems easier than recreating one room after another."

"Otherwise, let us strike out across the main hall there to the opposite door, and in all haste!"

Baronsquee

First Post
Vorrin shrugged.

"It could be possible. For example, some kind of sealed bubble which is impervious to the chaos stuff?"

He stroked his chin.

"It might just work. I'm not certain though."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Feleghost awaits for a sound to come to his ears.

Finding none, he turns to the others.

"Either would be fine. I hear nothing on the other side."

Remove ads