Planescape - Divided We Stand • Chapter 1: The Drawing of the Five

Shayuri

First Post
Etrigan was taken by surprise by the sudden failure of the 'brain maintenance system,' but experience had taught him one lesson: When Vorrin jumps, there's usually a ood reason. So when the githzerai leapt into the neighboring room, Etrigan followed out of sheer instinct.

Antithetist

First Post
Finding himself suddenly abandoned in the rapidly encoraching void, Khalil fights down panic and latches on to the salient point in what he's learned in his brief time here. He may not have the discipline or training, but if some bottled brain can maintain the integrity of this place then he's certain that he can do the same. He steels himself as best he can in the circumstances, focusing on the crumbling ground beneath his feet, willing it to stay solid.

OOC: Snowball's chance in hell of working? Dunno lol. If not then I blame these other guys for neglecting their prime-herding duties. :(

1d20+2=11

This is assuming that I missed my chance to just step off the crumbling floor through the door.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
To his astonishment, Khalil found the floor around him once again stable, as he willed himself to believe in a ground beneath his feat. To his dismay, however, he felt the air around him become extremely thin, and found he couldn't concentrate well enough to imagine both solid ground and a steady supply of air!

[sblock=Note]
Since it's a DC 15, an 11 is technically a failure, but I usually make a failure by 5 or less a "no, but..." kind of result.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Khalil feels a surge of exhilaration even as he fights for air; complications there may be, but in its essence, his efforts are working. He could almost laugh for joy. Refocusing his will, he holds his breath and takes a bold step forward towards the room's exit, knowing that there will be solid ground to support him.

OOC: Let's try that again: 1d20+2=16

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
His heart full of exultation, Khalil strode toward the door through which his companions had escaped. His head held high, priestly vestments flowing behind him, he stepped forward with poise as the ground rose up out of the churning madness to meet his stride.

[sblock=Experience]
Pursuant to his Key of the Dignitary, Khalil gains 1 point of experience for overcoming this challenge without unseemly complaint.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Vorrin examined the room top to bottom, but found nothing but bare, white walls, lit in dim green light by the brain floating in a glass globe in the middle of the room. After a minute or so of determined searching, he felt a presence in his mind, like a wooden block stamping ideas into his thought process.

"You, uh, looking for something there, chief?"

Baronsquee

First Post
Vorrin stopped what he was doing, and stepped back, looking up into the pulsing green brain. Thinking his response rather than speaking it, he attempted to reply to the thing.

I am not your chief. I do not know you. Tell me, who is it that you think I am? And how can I get out of this place?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Feleghost tried a little experiment. He thought of a door. An open door to freedom.
He concentrated, but for naught. Better let that thing to the wizardy types.
Will: 4

Remove ads